29 Identity (5)

How did it come to this?

Wu Xingxie was positive that she would win all three rounds. Besides, during the game, Wei forgot a lot of times how the pieces worked.

She looked at the Xiangqi board with her mouth opened, but Wei had no idea what she was thinking.

"Eldest Miss, I won two gamed so I'm the winner." Wei reminded her and Wu Xingxie let out a chuckle.

His way of playing Xiangqi was completely different from Master Wu, so there's no way he could be working for the man. From her memories, Wu Xingxie was certain all the guards who went to war had to play a game of chess with Master Wu to prove their military tactics. However, since most didn't know how to play, he taught them in his way, therefore they played by his style. Wu Xingxie played Xinagqi with him so she knew how he moved his troops.

Who are you, Wei?

Although she was curious, she didn't show it as she accepted her defeat.

"I have lost. Therefore I will do as you as you say for three days. However, it has to be appropriate since I am your superior."
Wu Xingxie stated seriously. Even after losing, she didn't accuse him of cheating nor get angry.

Wei smiled, showing off his perfect white teeth.

Watching "Him" play Xiangqi really paid off.
He had a feeling Wu Xingxie would try to ask about his real identity but he couldn't let that happen so he took the remaining games seriously.

It's not the time yet, darling.

When the time is here, I will answer everything you want to know about me.

"Since you have to do whatever I want, then how about you accompany to see a friend?"
Wei asked politely.

Wu Xingxie looked surprised by his request.

She rarely went out because Wu Dingxiang didn't like her going outside the manor.

Still, she already sneaked out a lot of times so she really didn't care anymore.

"Alright, but you should know I am not allowed out."

"Don't worry Eldest Miss, Master Wu will never know we were out. Using fake clones, we can get them to act in our place!"

"You planned everything out didn't you?" Wu Xingxie glared at him.

"It was Eldest Miss who suggested we play Xiangqi and agreed to our bet." Wei replied, giving her no way to retort back.

Since everything he stated were true, Wu Xingxie gave up. She would go see his friend with him but he better not have any evils plans. She would not hesitate to defend herself if something went wrong.

"We'll do as you plan. However, I will have go take on a different appearance." Wu Xingxie informed him. How could she out with the veil?

Then again, going without the veil would still grab attention so the only choice was to change her looks from head to toe.

"Are you going to dress up as a male?" Asked Wei with a grin but Wu Xingxie didn't reply as she stood up to leave.

"You'll know when you see. By the way, where are we going?" She turned back to look at him. The Huxiu Empire was very vast, it was the largest on the continent. Wu Xingxie had never been to other provinces other than the capital, where she lived.

"Qinghai." Wei replied and saw the Eldest Miss glare at him in shock.

"Qinghai?" Wu Xingxie recalled that her wedding was going to be held in Qinghai because that's where her groom's family lived.

Till this day, Wu Xingxie never knew who Master Wu had chose to wed her to. She really didn't care who it was because she just wanted to live peacefully in seclusion after marrying in.

The man was from the Hu family. Before the wedding, she did try to get information on the man who was to be her husband but couldn't find anything useful at all. All she found was that he was single and the elders wanted him to get a wife. Since she was the daughter of the prime minister and of the Wu family, the Hu family were pleased and quickly arranged a marriage.

Having lived in the Wu manor for so long, Wu Xingxie didn't object to the arranged marriage, but after returning, she would never agree to marry a stranger.

*****
I bet y'all didn't see that coming 😂