58 A Chance Encounter (2)

After leaving, Wu Xingxie disguised herself immediately and headed for the right prime minister's house.

His estate was heavily guarded so she hid her presence and sneaked in to avoid being caught.

Wu Xingxie already knew the shady business about him so she didn't have to find out again.

Inside the estate, she saw a maid carrying tea to what seemed to be his chamber so she knocked the maid out.

Putting on her clothes and using a face spell to make herself appear identical to the maid, Wu Xingxie hid the real maid's body.

Taking the tea, she headed for the right prime minister's chambers.

"Master, this servant is here to serve you tea." She made her presence known and the guards let her in.

Once Wu Xingxie entered his personal room, he saw the man going through a bunch of scrolls. He was in regular clothing, his hair tied in a topknot and focusing on his work.

As a servant, she was supposed to do her job and leave so Wu Xingxie poured the tea for him. He drank the tea as she wanted. Before he could put the cup down, Wu Xingxie positioned her blade at the nape of his neck.

The right prime minister looked shocked and wanted to yell for the guards but found himself unable to speak.

She'd put a substance that would temporarily make him lose his voice.

"Who are you?!" He was mouthing while glaring at who he believed was a maid sent to assassinate him.

"I am nobody, but you are the right prime minister. Even if I am killed, nobody would care. However, as for you....."

"I came here because I have some things to ask you. What do you know about the former prime minister's death?" Wu Xingxie grabbed pointed to the brush, instructing him to write it down.

The right prime minister was hesitant but Wu Xingxie opened her mouth and began listing the illegal businesses he was involved in.

"Embezzling gold, unauthorized gambling,"

The man's face turned green, fingers trembling.

How did a mere maid find out his secretive deals?

"Don't worry. I just want to hear what you know about the former prime minister's death. If you tell me, I won't mention your shady business to anyone. Of course, if you don't....."

The right prime minister nodded as he struggled to pick up the brush.

Dipping into the ink, he wrote all he knew about Prime Minister Gu's murder.

"I don't know who killed him, but all I know is that the person's a highly skilled assassin working under someone. No one saw him but some say it's a group of people. Otherwise, how could the late prime minister die? He was a man with great martial arts skills."

Wu Xingxie narrowed her eyes and ordered him to write a list of names of the people who had problems with the late prime minister.

"Why isn't your name on the list? From what I see, the one who benefits the most from late prime minister's death is you. After all, without him, you'd be promoted to left prime minster."

Right Prime Minister instantly shook his head as he wrote down his denial.

"It's true he and I weren't on the best terms but I've always respected him. He has done so much for the country, why would I want him dead? Instead, I fear the empire may fall apart without his influence. From my spy in the palace, His Majesty plans to promote General Wu."

Wu Xingxie moved her sword away from him and said one final thing.

"You will mention this incident to no one."

The man nodded as Wu Xingxie blew a spell onto him, enabling him unconscious.
Once he woke up, he'd forget everything that happened.

***
Leaving the estate, Wu Xingxie rested by a tree far away from eyesight. Pain crept into her body as she gushed forth blood.

Even though her body was hurting, Wu Xingxie smiled as she clutched the scrolls.

"Soon, I'll reveal all your evildoings."

Feeling lightheaded, Wu Xingxie leaned against the tree, slumping down on the ground.

It was the side effects of using Black Magic on her body.

"This is my first time using Black Magic in this body. I didn't think it'd take such a heavy toll on my body." Wu Xingxie said faintly before completely passing out.

*****
Thank you for 404k reads and 901 followers. I can't believe we've reached this far. I remember when we had like 200 reads back in the beginning of the year.

Thank you for all the love and support!

I was contacted by an editor from FicFun who wanted to sign my book (Yay!) but sadly, I had to refuse the offer since my parents don't want me to sign.

I didn't think it would get recognized because when I started writing this, I was inspired by many transmigrating/reincarnating C-novels.

I was like, who finna read this crap when there are so many other novels with similar plots and what not but the fact that y'all love this book means so much to me. I try to be original as possible so that it's not so cliche but anyways,
I'm legit crying because of how supportive you all have been.

I promise to update more frequently (at least 2 chapters every other day) since it is summer vacation after all.