15 Trap (1)

Wu Xingxie was taken aback. In her original life, he had never smiled at her. In fact he always kept a cold expression when he talked to her alone. He only called her 'Xing'er' in front of other people, and when it was the two of them he called her without endearment.

Wu Xingxie was always sincere with people around her. As her father, of course she respected him. Whether he felt the same way didn't matter because to the her before, she only wanted to live peacefully.

At this moment, seeing the genuine smile on her father's face triggered something in her.
It didn't matter if she was 21 at heart, she was still the girl who rarely received affection from both parents but continued to stay strong.

By treating others the way she wanted to be treated, Wu Xingxie felt like she was doing the right thing. Only when she remembered the feeling of death and losing the important people in her life did she harden her heart.

Sorry, but the smile is too late.

If I don't strike my enemies, they will strike, but I will make it so that they can't even try.

"I...Xingxie does not wish for anything. I only wish to help father achieve his goals." By saying this, she was showing him her good intentions but Wu Xingxie didn't mean it.

"Always with the same answer. I should have spoiled you." Master Wu laughed. This Wu Xingxie was the most useful tool he had made.

With her looks and talents, there was no other female who could compare.

Wu Xingxie felt uncomfortable so she asked to be dismissed. Master Wu was in a great mood so he let her leave.

***
As Wu Xingxie was returning to her chambers, she saw a servant snooping around the main doors.

Instead of confronting the servant, Wu Xingxie teleported inside her room. Sure enough, Xuan was on the bed sleeping peacefully. Seeing the empty bowls of medicine, Wu Xingxie let out a smile.

Wu Xuan was such a good kid. He took it as she advised. Since it wasn't dusk yet, she left her room.

Wu Xingxie went up to peephole of the main door to her chambers and sure enough, the servant was still there.

It was a female servant. She wore the maid uniform and had bags under her eyes. Wu Xingxie watched her stand there for at least 10 minutes.

Knowing the maid had no intentions of leaving, Wu Xingxie opened the doors, frightening the maid.

The maid shrieked out due to shock, staring at Wu Xingxie.

"You've been at my doors for so long. Are you planning to steal something of mine?" Wu Xingxie accused, and the maid's face went pale. When did the Eldest Miss return?

"This servant wouldn't dare!" The maid denied loudly and fell to the ground.

"Wouldn't dare? Then tell me," Wu Xingxie started to slowly circle the poor maid like a predator does to a prey. Her eyes glared down at the maid with coldness and malice.

"What were you snooping outside my chambers for?"

The maid didn't know how to answer.
She was sent by Madam Wu to wait for Wu Xingxie to return from the banquet hall. Without anyone around, she was ordered to kidnap the Eldest Miss. Of course, with her strength, the maid stood no chance so she opened her mouth to tell the truth.

"T-This servant was sent by the Madam to kidnap Eldest Miss. She said if I failed, my family would be...."

The maid could not bear to say the last word but Wu Xingxie understood what she meant.

"For you to confess so easily, aren't you afraid the Madam would send people to kill you?" Wu Xingxie questioned and watched as the maid's face turned black from fear.

"Eldest Miss, you have to help me! I can't go back or else the Madam won't let me off." The maid begged, clutching on the bottom of Wu Xingxie's dress.

"Help you?" Wu Xingxie sneered.
Did the maid think she was really that naive?

"You just admitted to being sent for the purpose of kidnapping me. Under the circumstances, shouldn't I kill you?"

The maid's eyes widened after hearing her words. Wu Xingxie's statement were like swords cutting her into pieces.

The Madam said the Eldest Miss would definitely not turn away due to her softhearted nature. So how come the Eldest Miss sounded so vicious?

Her thoughts were stopped when
Wu Xingxie pretended to be off guard as she stared at the beautiful moon.

***
105 in Historical Fiction and over 2k reads, you guys have been blowing my notifications off and I'm loving it! Also, the new cover is made by @silentscarlettt.

You should read her stories, they are so addictive and is beautifully written!

Today is my actually my father's birthday so I have you guys a double update hehe.