Chapter 8. "Memories loss.. but not what the heart wants

Start from the beginning

"Aaa.. someones.. dearest to me Doctor Cheng." Zhao said as he smiles and relaxed.

"Well then, I only call this early to inform you but I don't want the next time that it's you is the patient. Don't forget to take care of yourself as always Chief Zhao." Doctor said calmly and soflty. Zhao flustered thank her and tossed his phone to the brown wooden table besides his bed.

He sits on the edge of the bed, his feet planted on the floor. As he stretches he can see Shen Wei's muscles clinging to his white shirt. The same muscles that are a blessing and a curse.

It was such a comfort thoughts to come home to him, to be able to finally relax and get a good night's sleep away from the world. At least, that's what he was telling himself.

A smile creeps onto Zhao's face seeing the face of freedom, his long lost boyfriend, peacefully sleeping. No worries, no fears, no hatred, only peace and bliss. He could stay here all day with him in his bed, for one day have no responsibilities, no superhero titles, just Shen Wei and him relaxing.

Zhao loved to touch him - never in a sexual way, never anywhere other than his face, his hands, his black hair that fell in tousled locks. Shen Wei's warmth would seep into his being and he comforted him without ever opening his mouth. Zhao melt into him like ice-cream on a warm porcelain bowl, like he belonged next to him.

He could hear his own breathing matching the person sleeping next to him. He could smell his partner's musk fused with his own scent linger throughout the be d sending goose bumps and a desire that burned deep in his core.

He get it now only Shen Wei can wound him so deep, cut to the very core. Maybe when two hurt souls come close to each other once again, they heal each other's wounds right?

As romantic people believe in invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break. He smiles. A genuine smile that warmth his heart.

"I never thought having a sick boyfriend could be so stressful. I couldn't help but worry even in my dreams Xiao Wei ah." he left a exaggerated sighed as he low airy laughs.

He grumbles, standing up heading to his closet and pull out his clothes for the day. A pair of navy blue jeans and a white shirt. He grab a matching pair of sock and leave them close to the door as he head down the hall to the bathroom.

After awhile, Zhao finishes brushing his teeth and walked out silently went to the fridge to get a gallon of milk and poured in to his glass. There's moldy foods in the refrigerator.

After the reboot of sleep he is calm. The day stretching ahead with possibilities.

Food splattered all over the microwave in the kitchen. There's even a film of grease around the stove and plenty of dirty dishes sitting in the sink. A thick of layer of dust has built up on all the shelves and old newspapers piled up in the corner. This was a dispissingly chaotic scenery. The smell is not that hard to stand out.

"Aahh..I hate doing household chores.." Zhao muttered as he seen the mess he leave in the kitchenand everywhere.

He hurriedly clean the kitchen sink, counters and stove. Mop the kitchen floor as well. Wash all the dishes and put them where they belong.

He boiled the kettle for the third time that morning, already filled to the brim with tea. He busied himself getting the cups and teabags ready.