Fifty Eight

Adeline's P.O.V

Jughead has been in the hospital for almost a day now. After the riot, everything calmed down a bit. I should be inside helping but I needed to calm down.

I sat in my front porch, reading a book. I had a mug of tea next to me to try to help calm my nerves. I heard a motorcycle roar making me look up. I saw Sweet Pea park his motorcycle before walking over with some flowers.

Sweet Pea stopped once he saw me in my front porch. I stared at him as he looked up at me. He took in a deep breath as I stood up. I walked over to the edge before looking down at him.

"Can I help you?" I asked him.

"I'm sorry," Sweet Pea told me.

"For?" I asked.

"For being a dick when I thought Fangs died. I was so angry and I shouldn't have yelled at you. I'm also sorry for scaring you the other night when I trashed the school," Sweet Pea told me. He walked up and handed me the flowers. I looked down to see my favorite flowers. Tulips, daises, and roses. I looked up at him as he scratched the back of his neck.

"If you want to break up, I understand. I just wanted to say I'm sorry for everything that happened," Sweet Pea told me.

"Sweet Pea, I don't want to break up. I'll admit, I was scared and hurt that you would think I would choose the Northside but I don't want to lose you. You're really important to me Sweet Pea," I told him.

Sweet Pea got closer to me before cupping my cheeks and leaning down to kiss me. I kissed back as soon as his lips were on mine. When he pulled away, I smiled up at him softly.

"So do you forgive me?" Sweet Pea asked me.

"Of course I do," I said. Sweet Pea smiled down at me before giving me another kiss. I heard the door open, making us pull away. We turned to look to see Archie standing there.

"Thought I heard you talking to someone. Sorry. I'm just gonna go back inside," Archie said before closing the door. I looked up at Sweet Pea and smiled again.

"I love you," I told him.

"I love you too, angel," Sweet Pea told me.

"Sweet Pea, we can't have any more fights. After what happened, it felt too much," I told him.

"I agree," Sweet Pea said before kissing my forehead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: Damn it Archie! Stop ruining Adeline's moments with Sweet Pea. I know some of you wanted that little distance to be long between Sweet Pea and Adeline but there's things coming up that I need them to be together again.