Twenty Two

Adeline's P.O.V

I walked to my locker to see Veronica and Archie making out. I groaned a little as I rolled my eyes.

"If you have sex at home, I'm going to murder you Archie," I interrupted them.

As much as I love Archie and Veronica, I wasn't a big fan of the two of them together alone at home. I still remembered one time I walked on them having sex. I shivered at the memory before walking off. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat on Sweet Pea's lap as I hung out with him at the Whyte Wrym. I stood out completely from the rest of everyone. I was in a white blouse and pink skirt with matching shoes. My hair was curled down, almost covering my silver necklace around my neck. 

"I feel like a sore thumb," I told Sweet Pea.

"You look beautiful as always though," Sweet Pea said before giving me a kiss. 

"I have an announcement to make," We heard Jughead say, making us pull away. We both looked over to see what Jughead has to say. 

"My dad's getting out," Jughead announced. Everyone cheered at the news while I just clapped, "And when he does, I'll bring him up to speed about our plans with Mayor McCoy."

"That's brilliant," Tall Boy said.

"Do you have a problem with that, Tall Boy?" Jughead asked him. Tall Boy stood up from his seat and leaned forward against a pool table as he faced Jughead. 

"Your old man? No. I got no problem with him. But you want us to sit down with the Mayor," He told Jughead.

"I do. He's right. I think we can bring the Southside back. But it's going to take work and it's going to take compromise," Jughead said. Tall Boy let out a dark chuckle.

"Bring the Southside back? You've been here all of five minutes."

"Tall Boy, I am sick of you acting like a little bitch. Whispering behind my back that I'm half a Serpent or that I don't belong here. Why don't we put it to a vote? If you guys think what I'm doing is wrong, I'll step aside," Jughead said. 

"All those who stand with Jughead and think that Tall Boy should shut the hell up," Toni said as she stood up and raised her hand. Sweet Pea raised his as he still held onto me. I looked around and slowly raised my hand as well.

The next few days were long. I hung out with Sweet Pea, helped with some of the Southside kids, and studied for tests. Today felt a little different for a change.

"Adeline," Betty called out in the hallway. I turned to look at her. 

"Yes?" I asked. 

"Do you want to come to FP's party tonight at the Whyte Wyrm?" Betty asked me. 

"Yeah. Of course," I smiled at her. 

"Great. I'll see you then," Betty told me. 

"See you then," I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stared at myself in the mirror as I wore an outfit that I wouldn't normally wear. It was dark and edgy which made me feel a little rebellious. I smiled as I stared at myself in the mirror.

"You look different," Dad told me. I turned and smiled. 

"It's just for tonight," I told him.

"Just be careful alright?" Dad said. 

"I will," I nodded. 

"You're not going in that. Are you?" Archie asked me. 

"Suck it up for tonight," I told him.

Archie drove to the Whyte Wrym where it was all packed. I walked around to find Sweet Pea. 

"Adeline. You look different," Toni told me. 

"Well, I wanted to look a little different for tonight," I smiled at her. 

"Sweet Pea's over at the pool table if you're wondering," She told me. 

"Thanks," I smiled. 

I walked over to the pool tables where I saw Sweet Pea playing with Fangs and couple other Serpents. His eyes landed on mine. His eyes flickered up and down at my outfit. Sweet Pea said something to Fangs before walking over to me. 

"You look good," Sweet Pea said. 

"I know it's different but different is good. Right?" I asked him.

"Yeah," Sweet Pea nodded. 

"So is this what a Southside Serpent party looks like?" I asked him.

"More or less," Sweet Pea told me. I smiled as I looked around. I pulled him over to the back where I pulled him into a kiss. His hands went on my waist as he kissed me back. 

My back was against the wall as Sweet Pea kissed me. He leaned down to kiss my neck making me giggle a little. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he placed soft kisses on my neck.

"Time for karaoke!" I heard. Sweet Pea pulled away making us look over. Sweet Pea leaned against the wall as he kept his arms around me. 

Archie and Veronica went first. They started to sing Mad World by Gary Jules. They seemed to be upset cause they didn't look so happy singing the song. Yet again, this was a depressing song. Veronica left the song mid song making the serpents boo. 

Betty went on stage and started to sing. She started to strip making me confused. I looked up at Sweet Pea as she sung and stripped.

"You can do that?" I asked him.

"It's called the Serpent dance. It's how girls join in the Serpents," Sweet Pea said. I looked back at Betty as she danced sexually.

"I can't watch this," I said as it felt weird watching my friend do a sexual dance at the age of sixteen. I turned over to  Sweet Pea's chest in which he held onto me protectively. 

Once the song was over, I heard a clap. I looked over to see FP was the one clapping. Everyone else clapped as well. He walked up to the stage and gave Betty his Serpent jacket. 

"Let's give her a round of applause!" FP said. Everyone clapped and cheered," And show her some of that Serpent hospitality we're known for. You know what? I've been in and out of the Serpents since I was younger than my son. And it's been a... A wild ride. Good times, bad times, but through it all, the Serpents stuck by my side, while most other people turned their backs on me. My own family included. Now, the letter of the law says that I can't be here in the Serpent den. That I can't associate with my friends. My real family. My blood. But I've been thinking about that. And it'll be a cold day in hell before a snake lets a pig tell him what to do," FP said. Everyone was cheering at his speech. It started to feel a little uncomfortable all of a sudden. 

"Northside wants me outta this gang? Well, they better bring a coffin because FP Jones isn't retiring! I am not going gently into the night! I'm here to stay! So, bring the fire!" FP continued. 

I stood there in shock as I looked over at Jughead who was confused and worried. I looked over at Betty who still wore the Serpent jacket. I looked up at Sweet Pea who was happy. 

"I should go find my brother," I told him.

"I'll go with you," Sweet Pea told me. 

"Stay. Enjoy the party. I'll be back," I told him.

I ran outside where I saw Archie standing there. He looked a little heartbroken. I walked over to him and put my hand on his shoulder. 

"You alright?" I asked Archie. 

"Yeah. I'm fine."

I looked back at the Whyte Wrym before looking back at Archie.

"Do you want to go home?" I asked him.

"Yeah. Let's go," Archie said. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: Sorry for the long wait for an update. I went to VidCon the past four days.