Fifty Seven

Adeline's P.O.V

I walked inside the house with Archie and dad. Dad turned on the light as he walked in.

"How's Veronica dealing with all this?" Dad asked Archie.

"Oh, she's in lock-down at the Pembrooke. For all of Mr. Lodge's talk about law and order, he was nowhere to be seen tonight," Archie told dad.

"That's not suspicious at all," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Well, I just went out there to try to find you two," Dad said before going to hang his jacket on the coat rack. He let out a small sigh," I'm gonna take a shower."

"I'm gonna lock up," Archie said. I took off my jacket before hanging it on the coat rack as well. I walked upstairs to my room and started to take off my jewelry.

I heard a crash downstairs making me grab my switchblade that Sweet Pea gave to me. I quickly and quietly ran downstairs to see the Black Hood aiming at Archie with a gun. I quickly cut his hand before dad hit him with a bat. I quickly put my switchblade into my pocket before running over to Archie. I wrapped my arms around him which he did the same to me.

"You okay? Thought about going pro after high school," Dad said, talking about baseball.

"Dad!" Archie said as the Black Hood stood back up. Archie shoved behind him while dad got in front of Archie.

"No!" The Black Hood shot dad causing him to fall a little. I let out a small scream from the gun shot. Thank god Archie was behind him as he carefully put dad down.

"Dad. No. No. No," I said before getting down with Archie and dad. Dad let out a loud, painful groan.

"Dad, Dad!" Archie said.

"I'm good," Dad said, showing us his bullet proof vest, "Tom Keller, he just put these on before we went to the diner. I'm good."

Archie put dad down onto the floor before running after for the Black Hood. I helped dad up a little as we looked over at Archie.

"Archie, no!" Dad shouted. Archie ignored him as he ran out the door.

"Dad, can you sit up?" I asked him.

"Yeah. I'm okay," Dad told me.

"I got so scared that we lost you again," I said, tearing up a little. I hugged him tightly as he hugged me back.

Archie came back in before hugging the two of us. I hugged him tightly as he held onto us.

"Adeline, where did you even get a switchblade?" Archie asked me.

"Sweet Pea gave it to me when the Black Hood came back. He knew how scared I was so he gave it to me for protection," I told him.

"And only for protection," Dad said before kissing my head.

"So much has happened tonight," I said.

"I know. Hopefully, things will get better soon," Dad said.

I saw the lights of a cop car from the window. We looked over to see Mr. Keller walk into the Cooper house. I looked over at my dad and brother before we grabbed our jackets and heading outside. We walked out to see Mrs. Cooper and Betty outside, watching Mr. Cooper get arrested.

We walked over to Mrs. Cooper and Betty. I stood next to Archie as we looked over at Betty. She had tears about to fall from her eyes.

"It was him, Arch. My dad was the Black Hood," Betty said.

"How did you... Did you see him leave my house? He tried to shoot my dad again," Archie told Betty.

"When?" Betty asked confused.

"An hour ago," I told her.

"No, no, no. That's impossible, he was here with us," Betty said. She got a phone call from Jughead making me look back at the cop car. I looked back over at dad who I went over to.

"Hi, Mrs. Cooper," I said to her.

"Adeline, call me Alice from now on. Okay?" She told me. I nodded at her in response.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Adeline, we're going to find Jughead. Come on," Archie told me. I nodded before getting into a car with him and Betty.

We went to what looked like an abandon area. I saw Cheryl and the Serpents looking around. I saw Sweet Pea there as well. He stared at me as I stared back a little.

"Where is he? Where's Jug?" Betty asked Sweet Pea, Toni, and Cheryl. Sweet Pea shook his head at her.

"Guys," Archie said. We looked over to see FP walk back with a badly beaten up Jughead. I gasped in shock as I held onto Archie. He held onto me protectively as we all stared in horror.