Six

Adeline's P.O.V

The next day, I sat in the room in shock. Midge and Moose had gotten shot last night. I was in a classroom alone, thinking about the event that had occurred. I saw Jughead walk over to me.

"Hey, Jughead," I said.

"Hey, Adeline. Can I talk to you?" Jughead asked me.

"Of course," I nodded.

"I know that you're dating one of the serpents and I just want to ask if Archie knows?" Jughead asked.

"No. And I perfer to keep it that way," I told him.

"I understand," Jughead told me.

"How did you even know?" I asked confused.

"A serpent told me. He said that he sees you sometimes at the Whyte Wyrm with him," Jughead told me.

"Jughead, you know that if Archie ever finds out about me and Sweet Pea, he'll kill us both," I told him.

"Hey. I'll keep this a secret. Promise," Jughead said, raising his pinkie. I intertwined mine with his before smiling softly.

"Thanks, Jughead," I said.

"Now, if you excuse me, I'm off to Southside High," Jughead said.

"You're really going?" I asked him.

"Yeah. No worries, I'll Sweet Pea you said hi," Jughead told me before walking out.

After school, I sat with dad as Archie stood pacing a little around the kitchen. I sipped on a cup of tea to help calm my nerves.

"Moose and Midge described him, dad. The same guy that shot you, the same hood, the same eyes," Archie said.

"Well, maybe and maybe not," Dad told Archie.

"Dad, it's him. And if Sheriff Keller's not gonna take that seriously, then I think we should... we should be ready. Like, maybe we should buy a gun, just be armed in case..." I looked up from my tea to look at him.

"A gun? Really Archie?" I asked him.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Easy, okay? Ease up on that. We're gonna let the cops do their job. 'Armed'? What the hell are you talking about? Archie, this is not the Wild West. We don't keep guns in this house. Okay? Just cool it," Dad told Archie.

"I'm going to finish up my homework," I said before walking upstairs. I took my cup of tea with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: That is a picture of Adeline's room. Or at least how I vision it to be.