Thirty Seven

Adeline's P.O.V

"So what's about to happen?" Sweet Pea asked me.

"My dad might run for mayor," I told him.

"If your dad wins mayor, then I would be dating the mayor's daughter," Sweet Pea said. I smiled at him before giving him a small kiss on the cheek.

"I do however have to help my dad get signatures for him to even run for mayor," I told him.

"Well, I can promise you, princess, that I can help you get them. I'm sure the Serpents would rather have your dad as mayor than some other dick head," Sweet Pea told me.

"Aw. Thanks , Sweet Pea," I said before giving him a kiss. 

After school, I had made Archie and I some lemonade. I gave him a glass once I poured the drink into two glass cups.

"Hey, Arch! Ad, check this out!" We heard dad call out. I looked at Archie before we both walked over to the dining room table.

"When I applied to college to be an urban planner... This is before Grandpa already got sick, this was a presentation that I made for some program I never got into. Riverdale 2020. Small town with a big future," Archie and I let out a small chuckle," Sounds corny, huh?"

"No, Dad, this is awesome," Archie told Dad. 

"You're going to do great, dad!" I said. I heard knocking from the door.

"Hello?" I heard Veronica say out loud. I turned over to see her walk in," Archie! Mr. Andrews? Adeline?"

"Veronica?" I asked confused. 

"Oh, goody! All three of you are here," Veronica said as she stood next to me," So I fully realize I'm putting the cart before the horse, but I was spitballing some design ideas, and I think I may have come up with a few potential campaign logos."

I saw Veronica take out a small binder with some good campaign logos. I gave her a small smile of appreciation. However, I found it odd how she was willing to help us on this and taking it much more serious than us.

"Veronica, those are terrific, I gotta say, but... Oh! Now, that one, that's my favorite," Dad said, pointing at one.

"Mine too. Great. So I'll have some buttons and T-shirts printed ASAP," Veronica told us. I smiled at her before helping my dad.

After Veronica left, I dragged Archie up to my room. I shut the door behind me before crossing my arms at him. I gave him a look as he sat down.

"I know that look," Archie told me.

"So you know what I'm about to say," I told him.

"Say it."

"It's not like I appreciate what Veronica's doing but I want this to be a family thing. It feels like the Lodges want us to be good ol' buddy buddies with them so they can control dad. If Veronica or her parents do anything with dad, I won't hesitate to make you choose between us or them," I told him.

"What the hell are you taking about on choosing?"

"Oh please. Don't act all innocent. I know you've been sucking up to them because of her," I told Archie. 

"Adeline-"

"Don't. Now, get your head straight and tell your girlfriend to get her family to stop messing with ours," I told him.