Nineteen

Adeline's P.O.V

My grounding was finally over. However, I couldn't see Sweet Pea until this drag race my brother and Jughead was in. I changed into some high waisted shorts and a crop top. I put my hair in a half up/half down hairstyle. 

I rode with Kevin to the drag race. I saw Sweet Pea sitting by his bike making me smile in happiness. I ran over to him as soon as Kevin parked the car. 

"Sweet Pea!" I said happily.

"Adeline," I cupped his cheeks as I kissed him. He wrapped his arms around my waist as he kissed me back. 

"I missed you," I told him.

"I missed you too."

"I heard you got arrested. Are you alright?" I asked. 

"Yeah. Don't worry about me angel," Sweet Pea said. I smiled as he gave me one more kiss.

Archie's P.O.V

I watched as Adeline smiled at her boyfriend as he kissed her cheek. 

"I still can't believe she's dating him," I said. 

"Why can't you be happy for her?" Veronica asked.

"She's my little sister. She can do better than a Serpent," I told her. 

"She seems really happy with him though," Veronica told me. I couldn't argue with her. Adeline did seem happy with him.

Adeline's P.O.V

"All right, let's do this!" Tall Boy shouted. We all cheered a little. Sweet Pea's arms were around my waist as he smiled up at me. He sat on his motorcycle as he gave me small kisses.

"Sweet Pea," I blushed as I looked away.

"I see some Ghoulies eye balling you. I just want to let them know you're mine," Sweet Pea tells me.

"As much as I love your protective side, I can handle myself," I tell him. 

"I know you can," Sweet Pea said before giving me one more kiss.

"Let's do it!" Tall Boy shouted. We all cheered again as we watched my brother and Jughead get into the black car and the Ghoulies in the red car. Jughead repeated the route to the other Ghoulie before getting into the car.

Sweet Pea and I walked over to get a closer look. Toni was about to start it off until Cheryl cut in. I raised my eyebrow at Cheryl. Toni walked over with a confused look.

"Llet her have her moment," I told Toni.

"Alright."

Once Cheryl started it, we all ran to the start line to watch them go. Sweet Pea's arm was around my shoulder as the cars sped off. 

"I hope my brother will be okay," I told him.

"He'll be fine, angel," Sweet Pea told me before kissing the top of my head. 

As we waited for them to come back, I sat on Sweet Pea's motorcycle. He leaned against a car as he talked to Fangs. Toni stood next to me.

"So, am I going to see you again at Southside High?" she asked.

"Since I am officially un-grounded, yes," I smiled up at her.

"Everyone scatter! The cops are rounding up Ghoulies!" A gang member yelled. I saw Archie and Jughead come back. 

"Adeline, come on," Sweet Pea said. I got off as he pulled me close to him.

"You're going to be okay. I'll take you home," He told me. I nodded at him before he got on his bike. I sat behind him before putting on his helmet. 

"Adeline!" I heard Archie yelled. 

"Archie. I'll be fine," I told him before wrapping my arms around Sweet Pea's waist. 

"Go," I told Sweet Pea before leaning my head onto his back.

Sweet Pea drove off to Pop's. We sat in a booth together as we were drinking milkshakes. I texted my dad to come pick me up. I leaned my head on Sweet Pea's shoulder. 

"I can't believe I see you again and Archie ruins it again," I sighed. 

"It's alright. I got to see you again and that's all that counts," Sweet Pea told me. I looked up at him before giving him a soft kiss. I took a sip of my milkshake after the kiss. 

"So, is this him?" I looked up to see my dad standing next to the booth. 

"Dad," I said sitting up a bit more," This is my boyfriend Sweet Pea. Sweet Pea, this is my dad."

"Hello sir. It's a pleasure to meet you," Sweet Pea said, holding his hand out for my dad to shake.

"Nice to meet you too, son," Dad said, shaking his hand. 

"I guess I have to go. I'll see you later Sweet Pea. I'll text you," I told him before giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"I'll meet you in the car, Adeline. Here," Dad said before giving me the keys. I nodded before looking over at Sweet Pea. I walked out of Pop's and went into my dad's car. 

Sweet Pea's P.O.V

Adeline's dad sat in front of me. I sat up a little more straight before he talked to me.

"So, you took my daughter to your home after a fight with my son?" He asked me.

"Yes sir," I said.

"What are your intentions with my daughter?" He asked me. 

"I just want to make her happy, sir. She's the best thing that's ever happen to me and I don't want to loose her," I told her.

"If she had to choose between family and you, would you let her choose her family?" Her dad asked.

"I'd make her choose her family before me. I don't want her to be heartbroken," I told him. Her dad gave me a nod. 

"You seem like a nice young man, Sweet Pea," He told me. 

"Thank you, Mr. Andrews," I said. 

"I don't want Adeline in any of this gang business alright?" Adeline's dad told me. I nodded at him in response. 

"Good night, Sweet Pea," He told me as he got out of the booth.

"And a good night to you too, Mr. Andrews," I said. He walked away from the booth. I looked over where I saw Adeline smiling softly at me from her father's truck. I smiled back at her until her dad got into the car and drove off.