Forty Six

Adeline's P.O.V

I was with Toni, Veronica, and Josie as we were at Cheryl's house. I knocked on the door where Mrs. Blossom opened the door.

"Adeline Andrews. What can I do for you?" She asked me.

"Me and my friend would like to talk to you if that is alright with you," I tell her. She looked over at the other three before looking at me.

"I'm quite busy at the moment-"

"Mrs. Blossom, please. This won't take long," I tell her

"Fine. Come in," She said, letting us four inside. We all sat on the couch as Mrs. Blossom stood behind Nana Rose.

"Now that you've barged your way in, go ahead, girls, ask your questions," Mrs. Blossom said.

"You said Cheryl was away at some boarding school?" Toni asked her.

"Honestly. I'm not in the habit of explaining myself to school girls."

"Maybe not, but Mrs. Blossom, you may have heard that my mother is... dating Sheriff Keller. If you won't tell us the truth, then maybe you'll tell him," Josie tells her.

"All right, then. The truth is that Cheryl started exhibiting strange, deviant behavior, so I've sent her abroad to a private wellness institute where they're trying to help her. You don't have to believe me... But here, let me show you something..." Mrs. Blossom said, handing Josie a piece of paper. We looked at it to see a drawing of her and Josie.

"Oh my God!"

"She's drawn dozens like it."

"I don't understand," I said.

"No. But Josie does, don't you? Cheryl was obsessed with you. To the point where I was afraid she might hurt you, or herself, or both. So if you'd like me to tell that to your mother and her boyfriend, and show them and the town, Cheryl's drawings of you, I'd be happy to. But hopefully, you girls have the decency to keep this matter private," Mrs. Blossom said.

"Josie, wait! Slow down! We need to regroup!" Veronica said to Josie as we left the house.

"If what Mrs. Blossom said is even a tiny bit true, that means that Cheryl threatened me. Sent me a bloody pig's heart. I'm out, you guys. I'm done!" Josie said before leaving us three. I looked over at the girls before looking back at Josie.