Fifty Six

Adeline's P.O.V

We went to Pop's diner where I saw Reggie sitting alone in a booth. We all sat with him as we asked him what happened.

"I didn't know where else to go. Mr. Lodge left me hanging," Reggie told us.

"Wait, Reggie, I know he paid you to trash the Whyte Wyrm. But did he put you up to this?" Archie asked him.

"Guys? Outside," We looked out to see some cars in front of the diner.

"Sepents! They're coming for me," Reggie said.

"Those aren't Serpents," I said. Archie called up Jughead. 

"Jughead, where the hell are you guys? Well, if the Serpents are with you, then who the hell is out here at Pop's? Oh crap. Jug, it looks like the Ghoulies are back in town."

"Barricade the doors now!" I said.

"Damn it! Nobody's answering at the Sheriff's station. Looks like we're on our own," Archie said.

"I can see why! The whole town's in chaos," I said.

"Okay, we should be fine as long as everybody..." There was banging on the windows cause us to get down.

"Everybody, get away from the windows!" One of the Ghoulies broke the window and I could heard a car alarm ringing.

"Stay down!"

Archie and I rushed over to Pop who was behind the counter.

"Do you have a gun in here, Pop?" I asked.

"No. Had my fill of gunfire back in the war. But I learned a trick in the riots of '79. I have Mr. Lodge's leftover liquor from that poker night. And you get to the roof through the crawlspace..." Pop told us.

"I like how you're thinking, Pop," Archie said. 

"Where's the liquor?" I asked him.

He gave the the necessary stuff before Archie and I got to the roof. I lit one up before looking down at them. 

"Hey, Ghoulies!" I shouted. I threw one over which almost hit one of them.

"Hit me!" I heard. 

"Gladly to," I said.

I saw a police car and I saw Mr. Keller walk out with a gun in his hand. I saw dad and FP walk beside him making Archie and I get down. I rushed over to dad before hugging him.

"Oh thank God you guys are safe," Dad said.

"Mr. Keller, I thought you resigned," Reggie said before giving him a handshake.

"Turned in my badge, but not the cruiser yet."

"How did you guys know we were here?" Archie asked.

"Well, Jug called, said you were in trouble so I called your dad..."

"...right when Kevin called."

"We're not letting this town go down without a fight," Dad said. 

"Hot Riverdale Dads to the Rescue," Kevin said.