Ten

Adeline's P.O.V

I leaned against the side of the Whyte Wrym as Sweet Pea kissed me softly. He pulled away a bit and smiled. My arms were around his waist in his jacket. His warm body felt nice against my cold body. 

"I need to get home soon," I told him.

"One more kiss?" Sweet Pea asked me. I stood on my toes to kiss him again. He pulled away a little.

"You're short," He mumbled.

"You're tall," I pointed out. Sweet Pea smirked before kissing me once more. 

"I'll drop you off home," He told me. 

"Sweet Pea, we both know you can't," I frowned. I was hoping to introduce Sweet Pea to dad and Archie but then the Black Hood happened. I don't want Archie or my dad to be even more worried if they found out that I was dating a Serpent. 

"Right," Sweet Pea said. 

"Come on. I'll have someone drop you off," Sweet Pea said. 

One of his serpent friends with a car dropped me off home. I walked inside to see my dad waiting up for me. 

"Hi dad," I said. 

"Adeline, where were you?" He asked me.

"Out," I told him.

"At this late at night?" He asked me. 

"I lost track of time."

"First Archie, now you? Is there anything you want to tell me?" Dad questioned. I sat down next to him on the couch. I should tell my dad at least I was dating someone. I took in a deep breath to calm down a bit. 

"I have a boyfriend," I admit to him. 

"A boyfriend?" Dad asked, suddenly interested.

"Yes. I wanted you and Archie to meet him but the Black Hood happened. I didn't want to add in something that would worry you and Archie more," I told him.

"How long have you been together?" Dad asked me. 

"When the school year started," I told him.

"How old is he?"

"Same age as Archie," I told him.

"Only a year older than you?"

"Yes."

"I would want to meet him someday," Dad told me.

"I promise you'll meet him. He's a great guy and he doesn't disrespect me," I told dad. 

"As long as he makes you happy, I'm okay with it," Dad told me. 

"Thanks dad," I said before hugging him.

The next day, I was at my locker until Veronica walked over to me. I leaned against my locker as I looked at her.

"Hey, Veronica," I said. 

"Hey, Adeline. I know you're not in good terms with your brother, but would you be interested in help supporting the red circle?" Veronica asked as she held up a t-shirt with the red circle logo on it.

"You know he created all of this based on an old comic book right?" I asked her. 

"So is that a yes?" She asked me. 

"I love my brother like how every sibling should love their family. However, I don't want any part of this," I told her.

"And I respect that. I'll see you later then," Veronica said. 

"Bye, V," I said. 

"Bye, little A," She said before leaving.