Twenty

Archie's P.O.V

Betty had posted on the Blue and Gold on who the Sugar Man was. That was a shock to all of us. Dad was in my room with me as we were just relaxing a bit. 

"Did you hear about that teacher at Southside High who got arrested?" He asked me.

"Jughead was in one of his classes," I told him.

"How's he dealing?"

"Honestly, Dad, I'm not sure. I tried helping Jughead with something, and it backfired. He's pretty pissed off," I told him.

"Well, it's not the first fight you guys had. Pretty sure it won't be the last. You'll patch it up," He told me. He took some pills making me stare at him. 

"Are you okay, Dad?" I asked worriedly.

"Mm-hm. Yeah. Feeling better every day," He assured me.

"I can ask Adeline to get you some things to help you get better," I told him.

"No. No. It's fine. Although, speaking of Adeline, there's something I want to talk to you about," He told me.

"What is it?"

"I met her boyfriend," He told me.

"You did?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah. When I picked her up from Pop's the other day, he was with her. I talked to him alone. Archie, I think you should apologize to Adeline about overreacting," He told me.

"I didn't overreact," I told him.

"Look, Adeline is your younger sister and my only daughter. But she's growing up. We have to let her choose her own decisions. If she needs us, she'll tell us," Dad told me. 

"Dad-"

"I know it's a lot but you have to remember that she's still family," Dad told me. I sighed and nodded. 

"I'll talk to her later," I told him.

"Good."

Adeline's P.O.V

I finished fixing my bookshelf until I heard a knock on my door. I looked over to see Archie standing there. 

"What?" I asked him.

"I wanted to talk to you," He tells me. 

"About?" I asked. 

"About what happened during the night of the town meeting," Archie said. 

"The time you called me a disappointment?" I asked him.

"I take it back," Archie said. I stared at him questionably. 

"What?" I asked confused. I got down from my small ladder to face him.

"I'm sorry for what I said. I shouldn't have snapped at you. I was just stressed and scared-"

"Do you really think I'm a disappointment?" I interrupted. 

"No. I don't," Archie answered. I nodded at him before walking over to him.

"Archie, I forgive you," I told him.

"You shouldn't," Archie said. 

"Why not?"

"Because I was a terrible brother to you. I shouldn't have said that to you," Archie told me. I pulled him into a hug. 

"I'm sorry to. For acting like a bitch towards you," I told him.

"My fault mainly," Archie said. I nodded before pulling away. 

"We good now?" Archie asked me.

"We good," I smiled softly.

"Can you promise me one thing?" Archie said. 

"What?" I asked.

"That you'll come to me when something goes wrong," Archie said. 

"I will," I told him.

"Thank you. After what happened to dad, I can't loose you either," Archie told me.

"I understand, Archie."