It was an accident

It had happened once. Exactly once, late at night, right when I'd gotten off work.

Meredith and I worked opposing schedules most days; she was a resident working graveyard shifts and I was an attending working normal morning to evening shifts. Often times, I'd be coming home to go straight to bed after a long day and Meredith would be waking up for her shift.

When this rotation came around, and it did once every three weeks, it was hard on Meredith and I for multiple reasons. More explicitly, our sex life.

Meredith and I had sex frequently. As often as we could, wherever and whenever. We had an active sex life, we practiced many kinks daily, and we loved every second of it.

So, when we were on alternating schedules, we had to sneak in a quickie either when I was coming home or when she was coming home. Sometimes both, because Meredith was insatiable.

On this particular day, I'd been paged the night before (late enough that Meredith's shift hadn't yet ended)  and I ended up in emergency surgery for nearly five hours. By the time the surgery ended, it was 7am and time for rounds, so I didn't bother to go home. I stuck my day out with small power naps in on-call rooms and a faithful cup of coffee.

When I got home, I was ready to collapse. It had been a nearly an eighteen hour day, and my feet were screaming.

I opened the door to Meredith and I's room, kicking off my shoes and shrugging off my clothes along the way. As tired as I was, I needed this time with her. I needed this sex, this intimacy, because it's all that got me through the long days. It's what kept us close.

"Mhm, good morning beautiful" Meredith murmured, upon feeling my naked body slide into bed next to her.

"It's nearly 7 at night silly" I giggle, as she rolls around to be face to face with me. "You don't have to work for another couple hours" I stretch out my worn limbs to emphasize my naked body, and she laughs.

"I love waking up to you" she moves to be on top, a knee on either side of my hip and her mouth kissing my neck gingerly.

I liked this kind of sex, the kind where I could feel her in every single part of my body. It was slow and gentle and loving; it was more about being together and feeling good together than the actual act itself.

Of course, it was was rough every other nights. We were very kinky when exhaustion didn't hold us hostage.

I smiled, a soft moan escaping my lips. Quickly, my hands found purchase on her skin, and I was slipping her shirt over her head. As soon as she was bare, I was trailing my fingers down to play with two pert nipples.

Her mouth begins to suck on my own nipples, as one hand begins to slowly and patiently stroke my clit. I wiggled, a moan escaped, and then decided to even the score a little.

I was rewarded with a sharp gasp when I slipped my finger inside of her tight cunt.

"Someone wants to be a bad girl" Meredith whispers, before pinching my clit hard, and not releasing right away. I all but scream, shocks went up my spine, pleasure and pain so closely intertwined I couldn't tell which was which.

I continue to thrust my finger inside of her, which prompts her to slip two fingers inside of me, while using her thumb to flick my clit.

I arch my back into her, moaning her own name into her mouth. It was sneaking up on me, slowly, and I could feel it building deep in my belly.

"Meredith" is the last thing I remember before inevitable sleep overtook me.

~

The next two nights, Meredith and I didn't have sex. And while I missed it, I figured Meredith just wanted us to have a break from quickies before work. She doesn't mention it, and neither do I. The third night, I came home and greeted her the way I always do; a smile, a kiss and an I love you.