Conversations In Quarantine: Vol. 1

bts conversations and moments not previously shared in the quarantine diaries. all volumes contain meradd scenes from different days during their stay at the hotel. all shorts and may range from 500-800 words.

overheard during day 2

addison's pov:

With a hangover as rough as mine, waking up to breakfast and Advil had definitely triggered a sigh of relief. Meredith, while humming lightly, had made me breakfast, which (in my hungover state) somewhat made me curious, and struggling with the feeling of being taken care of, I didn't really know how to act.

"Thank you again, Meredith. It was great, really. You didn't have to do this for me but I appreciate it" again with the awkward rambling, I wiped my mouth with a paper towel and began to stand so I could take my plate and mug to the kitchenette.

"It's no problem, I really don't mind at all" Meredith assured me, as she too moved to stand to clear away breakfast dishes from her respective nightstand.

"You made toast and coffee, Meredith, I can clean up. Go sit down" I wasn't trying to be bossy, and I definitely wasn't trying to be mean. My tone was soft but firm; she had done something for me, and now I'd return the favour.

Besides, putting away the toaster and cleaning the coffee machine wasn't exactly hard work. It's not like I had anything better to do.

"Thanks" she said, handing me her plate and mug before sliding back into bed. "I'm glad you liked it; normally when I make breakfast after spending the night with a woman it's a more enjoyable aftermath" she joked, and as hard as I tried not to smile I couldn't help the grin that threatened the corners of my lips. "But, coworkers should have a respectable relationship" she tacks on, and I just burst out in a laugh.

"We" I say, once I've caught my breath again and could form proper words "are not just coworkers. At this point, Meredith, we're practically roommates" it had already gone way past the coworker threshold when she'd slept with my husband, but hearing her snore the night before had definitely sealed the deal.

Meredith Grey was something else.

"Roommates" she snorted "my roommates are a pain in the ass. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but fuck" she sighs, rolling her eyes for dramatic effect "I'm an introverted person, usually, and having people in my house all the time is sometimes just too much" she explains in a way that makes perfect sense to me, a woman who grew up in a house full of people.

"Well I don't plan on being a nuisance. However, I will not be referred to as your coworker" I declared, as I mindlessly swept toast crumbs from the table into a napkin I held in my opposite hand.

"So should I introduce you as my girlfriend?" Meredith quipped back sarcastically, raising an eyebrow as she failed miserably to hide a small little smile.

She, obviously, thought that she was funny.

I turned to look at her, my face set solid in a neutral expression as my unimpressed eyes met her own mischievous ones. "Ha ha. Funny" I deadpanned, as she broke out into the biggest grin.

"You're too easy to pick on, you know that?"