The Quarantine Diaries: Finale.

This chapter is dedicated to coolx_xkid , thank you for inspiring me to finally write more of TQD.

Continued from The Quarantine Diaries...

day 13

addison's pov:

"You're pretty, you know that?" Meredith smiled at me, as we laid together watching some trash reality TV. "I love looking at you; quarantine gave me the best view I'll ever have" when I turned to look at her fully, I noticed just how she'd been looking; as if I were the single most perfect thing she'd ever laid eyes on.

One thing I learned in quarantine was that Meredith Grey knew how to flirt. She was constantly flirting with me, complimenting me, paying attention to me. It was nice, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy her undivided attention.

"It's all over tomorrow" I sigh sombrely, feeling slightly sad that this little bubble we'd created in two short weeks was now going to bust. After thirteen days of just the two of us, I wasn't even sure I wanted to go back to real life.

This was a dream, and I didn't want reality to ruin it.

"Remember how pissed we both were to be quarantining together?" Meredith asked me, laughing as she ran a hand through her messy blonde locks "God, I wanted to be anywhere but here, anywhere but with you. And now...." She trails off, seemingly studying my face with a fond look upon her own.

"And now you sleep in my bed, steal my blankets and kick me in the legs" I joke, leaning in to kiss her lips lightly. "I don't know how I ever slept without you" as sarcastic as it sounds, it's the truth; not that I'd ever admit it out loud. Laughing, Meredith rolled her eyes at me and shook her head.

"I'm going to miss this" she admits "I'm going to miss you" it sounded like she was angry at the idea of not being stuck with me anymore, despite the fact that we started out angry at the idea, rather than it ending.

"This" Meredith had declared "sucks"

"You said it was going to suck staying with me" I remind her with a smirk, remembering how defeated we'd both felt that first day in Richards office; like a couple of children, we stood and pouted over decisions being made that we weren't privy to.

"Technically I didn't say it was going to suck I said it already sucked which is different" she says, waving a finger at me in her own defence, a glimmer of mischief in her own eyes. "And you weren't happy about it either, remember?"

"Well this officially has to be the worst thing to come out of 2020" I had groaned, just as we had gotten to our room later that day. We both held a suitcase, and as Meredith swiped the room key, I realized just how shitty it was going to be. Two whole weeks in the same room as Meredith Grey, my husbands mistress.

I thought back to how I'd felt that first day, and still, I was shocked at just how far I'd made it, at just how far we'd come. Somehow, someway, we'd found a way to turn lemons into lemonade, and now, it's all I ever wanted. That lemonade, her and all her glory, the best thing to come out of 2020, hell, the best thing to come out of my entire life.

"I wasn't happy about it" I nod in confirmation "but every since that day when we kissed, Meredith, I knew that day. I knew I'd want you as long as you'll have me" while I cringed internally at how corny it sounded, I couldn't help but mean every damn word. Ever since then, fuck maybe even before then, I just knew.

Even though I'd been complaining the entire four days, a part of me was dreading not getting to talk to Meredith every day.

She'd grown on me, in so many ways. She made me coffee every morning, and in return I'd make her bed while she was in the shower. We had mutual respect for one another, and I found myself longing to be with her, even though she was only five feet away practically at all times.