XXXI: Nervous

Dark Times

Song: Nervous — The Neighbourhood

Chapter 31— Nervous

I felt like I had come alive again. All my life I had been running through searching for something — this. This was it. Damien could have never given me this, and neither could Zayn. This was pure... passion... and something else.

He kissed me back, slowly, and then feverishly; the same way our relationship had progressed. I was so tired of trying to control my feelings, and urges, and everything... I was going with the flow now.

His arms went around my waist then, pulling me against him on the bench, and when our chests touched I sighed into his lips.

"Kat..." he stopped, pulling away, but resting his forehead on mine. "What.. what are we doing.. what have you done to me?" He whispered, his eyes locked on mine.

"What have you done to me?" I retorted with a smile. "I mean never in a million years would I have thought that we..."

He chuckled, pulling away and giving me a sly look. "Don't act like you didn't want me from the moment you saw me." He smirked.

And so did I, because he was so wrong. "I wanted to kill you, actually."

"Liar, admit you had the hots for me." He pushed.

I rolled my eyes, "Okay fine... maybe when we danced that day... I felt something."

He leaned closer again, lowering his gaze so he could meet my eyes. "I wanted to bend you over right then and there. I was so upset when I saw you, and you were so goddamn sexy. It just made keeping a level-head so much harder. It made smacking the fuck out of you harder. I just wanted to choke you while bending you over my desk."

Wow. So he felt that too.

"I can't lie I enjoyed making you my bitch." I laughed, and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Oh yeah?"

I nodded my head, and he leaned down and kissed me, meeting my smile with his own.

"This is unreal..." he whispered against my lips.

"And gross, so please keep to yourselves." Louis spoke, and we both turned to look at him. He gave me a cold look and turned to Harry. "We need to talk. Now." He didn't even wait for Harry to reply, instead, he turned and walked away.

"I swear he hates me," I whispered once he was out of our sights.

"He doesn't... he's just a complicated person. But hey, have dinner with me ton—"

"Harry, now please," Louis yelled.

"Yes I'll have dinner with you tonight," I told him and he ran toward the hall. He turned back with a winning smile and ran back when he heard Louis call yet again. I'm not going to lie, I was in awe; he was incredible, and I couldn't wait for tonight.

On my way back to my room — or Eloise's, I couldn't decide if I wanted to sleep or tell her what had happened, I ran into Stella. She was kind of a crying mess, and held her suitcases behind herself as she hurried past me without a look. I don't like the girl, but I'm not heartless either, so after taking a deep breath I turned around.

"Hey are you okay?" I asked, and she stopped on her tracks.

Now the look she gave me could have probably had me on a grave, six inch below if she had a gun. "Does it look like I am! Oh please, don't act like you aren't happy I am like this! Well guess what? You won. He is clearly in love with you and there's nothing else I can do here. Now the least you can do is leave me the fuck alone, go join Eloise in celebrating your slutty achievements." She sobbed, and ran out before I could say anything else.