XVIII: Papá

Dark Times

Chapter 18

Hit that cute little star button to make me happy :D

If you'd like to, you can post what song you're listening to here, so maybe others can get inspired to listen to the same while reading.

*

  "Niall!"

       All the men that were once holding us back, were now on the floor, and D himself clutched his side. He had been hit, and now was bleeding profoundly as one of his men kept him from falling.

   "Thank god, thank god." Niall breathed, coming over to hug Harry. I just stood there and looked. Although they looked physically different, you could tell they were brothers. Brothers by heart, not blood, but still brothers. "Harry they attacked the warehouse in South America. Liam is injured but he's on his way here."

  "What!?" Harry angrily spat. Obviously taken aback by the news he had just heard. Before even asking Niall any more questions, he approached D, who obviously knew more about this than Niall did. I was sure they attacked.

   But Harry didn't ask anything, instead, he pointed his gun at the man who held D, and shouted, "move!" and punched D in the face.

   "You're nothing but filth. Really relying on your men to kill me?" He punched him again, but we barely noticed how two men quickly came forth, and pushed Harry back before dragging D back into the woods.

  The men who hadn't been shot also ran right after them.

"Go after them. Niall, can you drive my car back? I'll take the Jeep with Katerina. We need the first aid Kit." Harry commanded, and all men listened without a doubt whatsoever.

  I probably would never fully admit to this, but hearing Harry take charge was one of the hottest things I've seen. He was so angry.

     He wasted no time in grabbing my hand, and leading me back into the woods, his grasp held me so tight I could feel how angry he was. I wasn't angry.. I actually was relieved things didn't go as bad as they could've of.. and extremely confused.

    D said he... and his 'Madame' wanted the girl. They wanted me.

   It was all making sense but at the same time not at all. I understood now why Harry wanted me here. He had once told Niall himself, the first time I tried to escape that I was everything..

   And yet he refuses to tell me what exactly is going on. Why does D want me? Why does Harry want me? I was very confused. But now wasn't the time to ask questions. Something was wrong, and I could tell Harry wasn't just angry about this whole mess.

    "Are you hurt? Why are you so quiet?" He asked as we passed quickly by the trees. He walked in front of me, but he turned his head slightly to speak to me.

     "I'm fine." I breathed, I was still deep in my own head.

   If they all wanted me so bad, why did the government never mention this to me.. the agency..

    "I know you must have a lot of questions. You can ask. But there's some things I can't tell you yet." He spoke quietly, and I didn't reply. His jet black Jeep came into view, and he led me to the passenger side, and helped me in before going to his side and igniting the Jeep.

   "I know you won't answer my main question. So what's the point in asking anything else. It all won't make sense to me and it'll worry me more. I just need to know one thing.. I was taught by the government.. by my agency that you were the bad guys.. we were never told about D.. and.. the 'Madame' or whatever he was referring to.. I just want to know who they are?" I tried to word my feelings but my mind was still juggling with all the questions in my head that Harry surely wouldn't answer.