1o ~ Manipulated

Your POV

Evan

Namjoon

Evan

Namjoon

Joon

Joonie...

You were happy with Evan but it came with a cost. You often found yourself drifting from the thought of Evans rugged, handsome looks to Joon's two faced looks. One moment you'd be playing kisses and moments with the man you once loved over and over in your head and the next, the innocent smiles and hardening eyes of the man you fell for.

You know you can't.

Not anymore.

Not after what happened.

School sucked without his goofiness, though.

You began hanging out with Evan and his group more often during lunch.

Yesterday was the first time you saw Joon since the horrible acceptance of what a monster he is.

You still can't believe it.

You kept imaging the broken look in his eyes and the way he slouched. He never slouched. He always stood and walked, tall and proud. For the first time ever, his hair was a mess. The perfect hair which blocked your view. The perfect hair which you teased him about. The perfect hair you dreamt of pulling on...

But you shake your head and clear those thoughts.

He used me. He took my Evan from me. He caused the worst day of my life.

All of that for what?

All of that was to get me to himself.

All of that was to get me to love him.

All of that was to get access to dad's  fortune and a key to the family business.

Evan tells me the truth. Evan is gentle. Evan is himself again.

You told yourself that over and over again and vowed not to stop until you believed it.

Evan found out everything about Joon's true intentions the day of your run in at the theatre.

He manipulated you

You thought over and over again as you sat in your bed before going to sleep. You rub your temples and shut your eyes tightly.

Your thinking is disrupted by the gentle knocking of your sisters knuckles at the door.

Strange.

Her knocking was never gentle.

She opened the door slowly and walked in, sitting next to you on the bed.

"Hey," she softly says.

"Are you alright?" You ask.

"I should be asking you that, you're freaking meditating," she laughed softly.

"I'm... I'm fine," you look down and think before shaking your head. "You know what? no I'm not,"

"Didn't Evan do something?"

Your eyes widen as you look up.

"How did you know about Evan?"

"I'm may be older but all the tea gets to me in time, don't worry sis," she winked.

"Well," you ran your hands through your hair. "How do you feel about it?"

"I don't really know," she started. You thought to yourself about the night which then drifted to your sister. The sister whom you've told everything to you.

Except for this.

"Why did you guys break up I'm the first place?"

You froze.

"Commitment issues," you blurt. She narrows her eyes and purses her lips before nodding.

"Oh. Sorry about that," she started. "But what happened to Joon?"

"He's not who I thought he was," you shook your head and rubbed your eyes.

"What do you mean?" She asked. "He seemed so nice, so sweet,"

"For now let's just say he manipulated me. He played with my heart," you lay back. "Can we talk about this some other time? I'm tired,"

"Sure thing," she pressed her lips into a line and nodded before turning off the light and shutting the door.

"God damn you Namjoon," you whisper to yourself as a tear rolls down your cheek.

~

As the week passed, you had never been so bored.

Evan was busy packing for his 18th birthday trip with his father, which lasts for about a week max. By the time he finished, he only had time to come and say goodbye to you.

"I'm gonna miss you," you smile and wrap your arms around his neck. He lifts you up from the legs and places you down on your bed, still holding on. He then begins to plant kisses on your neck.

"Here," he says between each kiss. "Think of it as a... parting gift," he smirked and stopped right at the top of your chest. Then he returned to your lips and kissed you once more.  "I have to go now baby, I'll be back before you know it," he whispered in your ear before leaving you. Right as he left you felt a searing pain in your leg. You sat up in bed and rolled up a pant leg to reveal an open scar and wince.

Patches of memories flashed before your eyes: screaming at Evan, pain on your face from the hard smack, pain in your wrists from the lack of blood flow thanks to his tight grip, pain from the gash in your leg, pain in your back from the wall's hard impact with your body. Limping away was the worst feeling, blood trailed everywhere, the glass poked out of your leg until you were safe, in front of people where Evan couldn't hurt you again. His eyes flash in your mind.

His crazy eyes.

They were bloodshot red.

He was drugged. He was drugged. He was drugged.

You remind yourself.

The sound of the fornt door shut and the engine of a car rumble outside snapped you back onto reality. You take a deep breath and unlock your phone.

"Have a save trip," you text Evan and shut off your phone.

~

You wake up an hour later to the sound of knocking.

Loud. Obnoxious. Knocking.

Followed by your sister bursting through the door.

"Someone's here to see you," she says, a grin growing on her face.

You get up, confused, and follow her to the front door.

"Is Evan back?" You ask as you wrap your fingers around the doorknob. You pull it open and there he is.

Namjoon stood in front of you with a serious look on his face. His eyebrows furrowed over his soft, sad eyes. He clenched his jaw and looked you right in the eyes. The slight gust of wind blew through his shining, now dirty blond, hair. His lips looked plump and the corners of his mouth stayed neutral. His hands were buried in his pockets, a usual habit of his when he's nervous or anxious.

"Please..." he softly said, his voice almost at a whisper. His presence triggers tears in your eyes.