8 ~ I'm Fine

Joon's POV

It happened.

He did it.

He got me in a way I could possibly never overcome.

I got a picture sent to me from an unknown number by the time I was laying in bed. I opened my messages and opened the photo.

Just when I thought I couldn't feel more like shit, in front of me was a picture of my girl kissing my enemy. A second after I saw the image, the unknown number sent a message.

"You may think you remember everything, but trust me... you don't," they sent.

I felt a mix of emotions.

"Who are you?" I quickly typed back.

"Help," they replied almost instantly.

"Name?"

"For me to know and you to never find out,"

I was baffled. Who are you?

"For now, just think of me as your eyes and ears," they texted.

"What do you know?"

"What I know will be figured out soon..."

"When? I need answers," I sent but it was no use cause they didn't reply after that.

I went to bed and as soon as I closed my eyes I kept thinking about her.

All our moments flashed before my eyes.

The piece of popcorn that flicked onto my head and tickled my back as it rolled to the bottom of the red sweater I wore that day.

The way she stuttered as I handed her the kernel.

Her face when she saw me at school for the first time.

The way she blushed everytime I smiled at her.

"I'm glad I met you,"

"Me too," our words echoed in my head.

"I don't know, Joon, but I don't care as long as it's something with you,"

By now my heart physically hurt. I grabbed chest and took deep breaths until I drifted off to sleep.

"Hey! Hey!"

I look around to see her standing 9 feet away and waving at me.

I grin.

"Your here?" I start to walk towards her and she runs towards me. "I missed you!" I ran to her with open arms, but as if I didn't exist, she ran right through me. I turned around to see her wrapping her arms around Evan as he lifted her off the ground and began spinning around with her.

She looked down at Evan and gave him the look she used to always give me. As I stared, Evan glanced over and looked me in the eye.

He smirked before kissing her the way I dreamt to.

I snapped out if the nightmare in a cold sweat.

I can't even go to sleep peacefully without them haunting me.

I rubbed my face and eyes and got ready for hell. Without her smiling and waiting for me to get to school, I had no interest in arriving on time.

Just as I had predicted, she wasn't there. The photo of Evan kissing her had been burned into my brain. It's something I would never forget. Something that motivated me for answers.

"I remember everything,"

"You might think you remember everything but trust me... you don't,"

My words and the words of unknown replayed in my head. How did they know what was said that day?

It had to be Evan.

That's the only answer.

That's the only thing that could make sense.

I turned the lock on my locker door. Right, left, then right, the same combination I put in everyday, but the  lock just wouldn't click open.

Stupid piece of metal

I tried so many times but it wouldn't unlock.

Eventually, rage and stress mixed and took over me. I pounded the locker with my fist. I rested my forehead on door and looked down. That's when I realized what locker number I was at.

2377.

That's her locker.

God damn it.

She's everywhere, driving me crazy.

I grunted and looked up at all the people staring, whispering.

"She left him for Evan,"

"Evan got his girl back,"

"Poor Joon,"

Great.

I rolled my shoulders in a circle and slouched to class.

~

I texted my friends that I was going to study during lunch and not to wait up for me when really, I was going to find Evan and give him a piece of my mind after getting the answers I needed. I walked out of class as soon as the bell rang and became part of the large sea of students trying to get to the cafeteria. Luckily, I'm tall, so I was able to peek over everyone's heads. At the end of the hallway I saw him and pushed and shoved my way through the crowd. As I got closer I saw her, her arm linked with his. She pointed behind her and said something before walking off to the side.

Now was my chance.

I hurried and continued to shove through when I suddenly felt something rustle in my pocket. I pulled out a little slip of paper that I  read in my head.

"Don't do what I think you're going to. Leave him be. I'll get you answers as soon as possible," it said. At the bottom, it was signed by "E&E."

I looked up from the sheet and looked around as students walked past me and behind me. Then I turned back around and watched Evan laugh and joke with his friends and the way his face lit up as what was mine came up and hugged him like she was his.

Like she was his.

Broken.

That's all I felt.

Broken.