3 ~ Minus the Popcorn Throwing

It's time, you thought pulling on your red converse shoes. You wore an oversized white t shirt and black knee ripped jeans. Your sister did some light, casual make up for you and smiled.

"You got lucky he wasn't some grumpy old man," she laughed. You told your sister everything yesterday after school; the number, the awkward encounter, the hang out. She's you your bestfriend and you are hers.

"If he was an old grumpy man I probably wouldn't have chucked it in the first place," you reply checking yourself out. You turn around and hug your sister. "Thanks," you smile.

"For what," she chuckles. You gesture to your face and tilt your eyebrows. "Its no problem baby sis. We should probably get going now, I need a break from you..." You punched her in the arm before she could say anything else. You grab your little black purse and walk out the door to your sisters car.

After she drops you off in front of the cinema, you pull out your phone to text Namjoon. You begin to type when you feel something on your arm. You turn around thinking it's him when suddenly, you're greeted with a face you will never forget. Your mood instantly plummets when you get a good look at Evan, your ex boyfriend, smirking softly in front of you.

"Hey baby cakes," he says. You roll your eyes.

"What is it, Evan,"

"I miss you-" he leans forward.

"No," you cut him off and put your hand up as a barrier between your faces. "No," you repeat, flames in your eyes. "Don't you dare start that bullshit with me." You felt tears extinguish the flames. "After what you've done..."

"Look I'm sorry! I was stupid and drunk alright? Jeez," he starts to raise his voice. You instinctively cover your head when the yell brings back horrible memories.

"Is there a problem," a familiar, soft/hard voice says from behind you. Evan looks over your shoulder and frowns.

"No. No problem at all thanks," he answers looking the man up and down. You turn around and see namjoon standing tall and intimidating. He wore a beige t shirt and acid washed jeans. You glanced at his arms and got a good look at his muscles flexing.

"Are you okay," he asks you. You look up at him and nod slowly. "Let's go," he tilts his head towards the entrance.

"Wait," Evan calls. "You know him?" You turn around and smile.

"Yep," you say before entering the cinema with Namjoon.

"What happened back there, if you don't mind me asking," Namjoon stopped you and looked mildly concerned. You shrugged and sighed.

"My ex," you shook your head and rubbed your face. He nodded slowly, showing you that he understands. "Look I don't want to be a bum and ruin the fun tonight, I think I should call my sister to come get me-" you start to turn towards the exit when you suddenly feel a warm hand latch onto your wrist. Your turn back around to see Namjoon, his cheeks pink and mouth open.

"No," he starts. "Please don't," his grip loosens. You feel your cheeks to heat up, a normal feeling whenever you're around him. "Sorry," he shoves his hand into his pocket.

There was a silence as you looked at him looking down at the floor. He has this image of confidence and power, which he does have, when in reality, he's mostly shy and sweet. It made you smile.

"You know what," you start. "Maybe I'll stay," you purse your lips. He half smiles and leads you both towards the popcorn.

He ordered two bags of popcorn and two drinks, paying for them both before you could reach into your purse. "No don't do that," you clench your teeth.

"Please, it's on me," he flashed his dimples and handed you your bag and drink.

How could I say no? You thought, grabbing the bag and drink, smiling back at him.

Sitting side by side at the very top of the mostly empty theatre, you both laughed and talked about yourselves.

"Wait, you did what?" You laugh. He was laughing so hard he had to cover his mouth. "Say it again," you laughed and annoyed him until he would.

"I never should have said it in the first place," he laughed, grabbing a couple of popcorn kernels and flicking them at you. Your jaw dropped and you playfully hit his arm.

"What happened to 'minus the popcorn throwing'," you mimicked him and he laughed.

"I don't play by rules," he lifted his eyebrows.

Both of your laughing slowly faded to almost silent breathing. Being wiyh him made it feel like all your problems had no existence in the world. The light from the screen cast the same shadows on his face, giving off vibes from the night before. You looked at him from eye to eye. He softly smiled and looked down at your lips back up to your eyes. You gulped and watched as he began to lean towards you. He was about to go for it when suddenly an ear piercing scream erupted through the room. That's when you remembered what kind of movie you were "watching". It was a horror movie that came about about 2 weeks ago but it was too late because by the time you realized, your forehead wss buried in his hard shoulder, your arms wrapped around his neck, and your eyes shut in fear. You look up at the screen and widen your eyes.

"I forgot this was a horror movie," you chuckle, turning you head to at him. He looked at you with a calm, expression.

"Me too," he didn't seem bothered by the way you held onto him. Embarrassed, you start to remove your arms from around his neck as he watches, longing for them.

After the movie you both walked out and threw away your trash. By the time the movie was over, the bags had been emptied but not from eating popcorn... from throwing it at each other. You smiled at the thought. He walked you out with his hands in his pockets and waited for your sister with you.

"That was probably the most fun I've had all month. Thanks," you smiled. He returned the same soft smile.

"Same, don't thank me, though. You were the fun one,"

You blush and look down.

"Um so maybe we could do this again, some other time? He asked softly.

"Definitely," you smile back. You sister pulls up in front of you two so you go to say bye to Namjoon. He shakes your hand but before letting go, he leans forward next to your ear.

"Next time," he starts. His voice is so alluring at this tone. "There will be no hesitation," he pulls back and half smiles at you. You stare at him feel like you're melting in your shoes.

"Bye, Namjoon," you sputter, trying your best to leave but his eyes and dimples just kept pulling you right back in.

"Just call me Joon," he smiled and slowly let go of your hand, shoving it in his other pocket. You walked backwards for two steps before turning around and getting in your sisters car. You looked out your window and saw him standing there, watching you drive away.

Joon, you smile.