2 ~ Colonel

It's now Monday and you've been rolling the slip of paper into a ball and unrolling it over and over again during the weekend. You decided not to embarrass yourself anymore and hoped to keep replaying that one happy memory with that one cute stranger.

You go downstairs and make yourself some breakfast and scroll through instagram on your phone as you wiat for the school bus to arrive. Your day at school goes by like normal. You do your work talk to friends and ask teachers questions.

It's lunchtime. That's when everything changes. That's when you see him.

The tall boy with the perfect undercut, the perfect eyes and the perfect smile leaned on a locker you've past at least a million times. The tall boy whom you have never seen at school before. The tall boy that smiled at you and gave you his number just 62 hours earlier. He stood there in front of you laughing and talking with people you've known your whole life.

You try to run somewhere, anywhere, but you're too late. He looks at you with the same shocked expression. He kindly smiles at the friends and starts to walk towards you with a confused half smile and furrowed eyebrows. You realize you have nowhere to run, nowhere to hide so you stand still and freeze like the night you met him.

"Um, hey?" He starts, his lips looked so soft. He awkwardly laughs and continues. "Colonel?"

You feel your lips curl into a soft smile and nod.

"I remember," you look from one eye to the other. They lights above you two made a significant change in his eyes compared to the darkness of the cinema. Now, as you stare at him, his eye were more of a glowing gold colour. It's made his eyes pop even more than before.

He opened his mouth and hesitated before saying anything

"Look," he started and his smile slowly disappeared. "I want to be straight forward here. I know we've never met before or anything and it's your choice whether you wanted to text me or not but... ah nevermind I'm sorry," he looked down and started to back away. Something in you clicks and doesn't want him to leave.

"Wait," you blurt out. "I wanted to." You see his eyes light up.

"Really?"

"Yeah," you chuckle and feel the heat return to your cheeks. "You know what?"

"What?" He half smiles and cocked an eyebrow. You melt at the sight of that dimple.

You pull out the sheet of paper and show him that you've held onto it, then you pull out your phone and type in the number. You look up at him and see him confused.

"Hey, wanna hang out some time?" You text. The phone in his pocket buzzes and he pulls it out, still staring a you confused. He reads the text, smiles at you and types something back. A second later your phone beeps and you read the display.

"I'd love to," it read.

You begin to text back but he's already beaten you to it.

"What day works for you,"

"Any,"

"Fine. Tomorrow, you, me at the cinema, minus the popcorn throwing,"

"And minus the cute guy blocking the view," you added.

"Wait I was blocking you that entire time?" He suddenly looked up a and clenched his teeth.

"Yeah but it's all good," you laugh

There was a silence from both of you.

"Cute?" He asks half smiling.

Shit

Your face turns a bright pink and your eyes widen once you realize what you've said.

You look down and back up again to see him smiling his adorable dimpled smile.

"Its Namjoon by the way," he said scratching the back of his head.

"I'm glad I met you," you smile shyly.

"Me too," he smiled softly and watched you walk away. "Don't forget, tomorrow at 6!" He practically yells and you smile to yourself like an idiot.

"Wouldn't dream of it!" You shout, not looking back.