1 ~ Bored

Your POV

Fridays are movie days. This is a tradition set up about 2 months ago when you and your older sister were bored at home.

"Ready?" She asked poking a head through your bedroom door.

"Yep," you answered hopping off the bed. You wore black ripped jeans and light pink bomber jacket over a white crop top. You and your sister run downstairs and you slip on your adidas superstars. First the right, then the left.

Your sister drove while you adjusted the radio to the station playing your favourite songs. At the cinema, you went up to your booked seats and waited for your sister to arrive with the drinks and popcorn bags.

You watch her stumble over spread out legs and laugh as she sits down.

"Shut up or else I'm eating out of both bags and the only drink your getting is water from the toilet," she smirked.

"Fine, fine sorry. Now gimme," you snatched your bag and drink and waited for the bright screen to turn on. The commercials start and you notice the only seat empty is the one in front of you.

"Great, I get a good view," you whisper to your sister. She puts a finger up to her lips, telling you to shush, as she stuffs her face with popcorn.

But then the sound of footsteps echoes in the hallway.

Dammit, you think as you watch a guy rushes to sit in the seat in front of you. And he's tall too. You frown and stare at the back of his nicely cut hair. You look over at your sister who's grinning evily from ear to ear, her cheeks puffed out due to the popcorn stuffed in her mouth.

The movie starts but you can't see a thing. You're tempted to get up and leave but decided not to get bad looks from people as you step on their feet.

It's halfway through the movie and you feel like you've been listening to an audio book all this time rather than watching an awesome film, so a thought convinced from anger pokes at the back of your head.

Chuck a kernel at him it demanded and you listened.

It merely tapped the back of his head, right in the middle and fell into the back of his red sweater. He notices and reaches down his shirt attempting to scoop it out. Then, he turns his head to the left and you get a good look at his sharp jawline. That thing could cut diamonds.

Shit, you immediately regret it when he turns around.

But your regrets fall when you get a look at his face. His blonde bangs were swept to opposite sides and parted from right. His undercut was perfect. But his face. His face was on another level. The corners of his long eyes stretched and slightly curled out. They were dark as night and looked soft but hard at the same time. His mono lids topped it all off. His full lips were softly curled in a smile and you could see small dimples form right above each corner. He rested his arm on the back of the seat and revealed a kernel of popcorn.

"Is this yours," he whispered and cocked a triangular brow. You freeze and suddenly forgot every word you've known.

"Y-yes," you sputtered and reached a hand out to claim your popcorn kernel. He stares at you as he drops it in your hand. You can see him press his lips together, trying not to laugh. You feel your face turn red.

He's so cute... what the hell, you thought.

He stared at you for a second before turning back around. You look over to your left and see your sister staring, eyes stretched wide open, mouth hanging open.

"He's cute!" She loudly whispered. You feel your cheeks heat up more when you see him tilt his head as if he was listening.

"Shut up!" You whispered back.

Your sister enjoyed the rest of the movie while you enjoyed looking at this strangers head and replaying your interactions over and over in your head. You thought about the way his dimples carved into his face and his beautiful dark eyes.

When the movie finished, you and your sister waited your turn to shuffle out of the row. As you walked down the stairs, you feel something on the pocket of your jacket. You think it's your sister trying to guide you out and don't think much of it.

At home you and your sister say goodnight to your parents and each other and part ways to your own rooms. You go to change into you pajamas and begin to pull off your jacket when you remember your phone. You pull it out of your pocket but notice a small crumpled piece of paper fall to the ground. You pick it up and roll it open thinking it was an old gum wrapper but to your surprise, you see 10 numbers written out in a straight line signed "colonel."
Confused, you pick up your phone and text your sister, even though she is next door to your room.

"How do you pronounce colonel," you typed.

"Like kernel why," she responded a minute after.

"No reason gn," you threw your phone on the bed and stared at the slip of paper in awe.

Colonel. Kernel. Smart.