Chapter 12

The end of the week arrived quickly. I spent lots of time in the Arena shooting down runners that survived the Gauntlet. If I wanted to get it over with, I would use my sniper rifle and give a few shots to the head. If I was in a playful mood, I'd be more creative with my weapons. Sometimes I used grenades, or a pistol, or even a gamma gun. But there were so many vics that made it through.

I had just finished another quick round in the Arena and was on my way out. Shank stopped me as I passed by.

"Overboss, those settlements you asked for gave us trouble."

I put a hand on my hip.

"And how was it handled?"

"Disciples came in and killed a few of them to show we mean business."

I nodded.

"Good."

I continued walking back to the Grille. When I got there, I pushed open the door and called for Gage.

"Hey! Partner! Let's get a move on, I want to go fix up the Gauntlet!"

I waited by the door for him. He turned a corner and stood in front of me.

"We got raiders to repair the Gauntlet. Why do you want to do it?"

"No, I want to make it harder. And then we're going to pay a visit to the local radio station."

Gage nodded in understanding.

"Gotcha. Sounds like a plan."

I gathered my supplies in a bag and carried it to the beginning of the Gauntlet. Gage walked along side me carrying a bag as heavy as my own.

When we got there, I told Gage where I wanted new turrets, mines, and other traps to be placed. We made our way through the Gauntlet, making it twice as difficult to get through alive. When the bags were empty and the traps in place, we walked back to Nuka Town.

"Putting those mines there was great! It'll catch so many vics off guard."

I nodded, agreeing with Gage.

"That's the idea."

Gage led me to the home of Raider Radio and held the door open for me.

"Overboss in the flesh! Come to make a statement to your people?"

I smiled a bit at the enthusiastic greeting from the host.

"Actually, yes."

The radio host pulled a chair for me and gestured to it. I took the seat.

"Ready?"

I nodded.

He pointed at me, letting me know to talk.

"Hello to all you Raiders, traders, settlers and slaves. This is the Overboss speaking. As you may have noticed, I have nearly complete control of the Commonwealth. I would like to inform anyone who is unhappy with the current arrangement that there is a way to gain an audience with me. Hop aboard the Nuka-Express, to the west of the Federation Stockpile, and come see me yourself. I welcome you to the new way of life in the Commonwealth."

I nodded and pulled away from the mic.

"Great! Wow, you sure got a way with words, Overboss."

"Thank you. I would like that message to be played every other hour. Starting when I give the word."

The host nodded.

"You got it."

Gage and I left the room. We walked back to the Grille and sat in a booth.