chapter twenty nine!

𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖙𝖍, 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

* * *

*    *    *

* * *

(  𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝖇𝖆𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖌𝖔𝖔𝖉  )

At school the next day, Stiles met Elle at her locker, kissing her on the cheek (literally how much more adorable could her boyfriend get?) before they went to meet Scott and Allison. Isabelle smiled up at him and held his hand as they walked.

"Hey, listen, sorry I couldn't come round yours last night. Dan was showing me some stuff." Elle apologised, as she swung their hands back and forth.

Stiles smiled down at her lovingly before realising what she said. "What? Oh no it's fine, me and Scott were in the woods anyway." At Elle's confused glance, Stiles explained how they went looking at the crime scene and Scott found Malia in animal form.

Elle was shocked into silence as they finally reached Scott and Allison. The two boys showed Isabelle and Allison a map of where they found the den the previous night. "Here's where we found the den. It's right in the middle of the hiking trails."

Allison looked at the map. "Well, that could narrow it down. Coyotes travel in fixed trails. But I think you're right about her not going back to the den. Coyotes don't like wolves. And they're really smart. If they don't want to be heard, they actually walk on their toes."

"Coyotes tip-toe?" Stiles and Elle asked at the same time.

"They tip-toe." Allison mouthed teasingly at the two. The bell rang out and Allison picked up her bag. "I got to go, but send me the pinned location."

* * *

The new girl, Kira, approached Scott in the History classroom while Stiles and Elle sat next to each other grinning. "Hey. I'm Kira. You knew that. I knew you knew that. I don't know why I just told you that again. Anyway, I have something for you."

Scott was shocked. "For me?"

Kira nodded. "Yeah. About the bardo. My explanation was sort of all over the place, so I did some research and I printed it out for you." She chuckled awkwardly and Elle giggled, finding the girl adorably awkward in front of her new crush.

"Ah, you didn't have to do that." Scott smiled.

Kira shrugged nonchalantly. "It only took a couple of hours."