chapter two!

𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖎𝖗𝖊, 𝖙𝖜𝖔

*    *    *

*    *    *

(  𝖙𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖔𝖔  )

"It was a deer and a dog. What's that thing you say about threes? Once, twice..." Isabelle was cut off by a thud that made the whole class jump.

A black bird had just flew into the window. Isabelle looked over at the slightly bloody window with his eyebrows raised and Ms. Blake cautiously made her way over to the window.

Outside were hundreds of black birds swarming around the school on the other side of the glass. A few more birds came pelting down towards them, smacking into the glass and falling down to the shrubs below. Ms. Blake jumped back from shock of the impact and more and more began flying towards them.

Stiles stood up and shoved his desk away in the midst of a panic from students in the class, prepared to grab Isabelle (and Lydia, they're a double act you know!) and cover her from the birds. He tugged her chair back and wrapped his hands around the top of her arms so he could pull her into him easier.

There was enough birds to finally break through the glass and enter the classroom. Stiles acted quickly enough and pulled Elle under the desk with him, covering her with his body when he wrapped himself around her ducking her head down. Stiles then grabbed Lydia's hand and pulled her under the table so she was protected too. He wrapped his arms round both of them, trying to cover the girls with his body as much as he could.

"Get down, everyone! Get down, down. Get down! Get down!" Ms. Blake gestured with her hands for everyone to duck while also protecting another student.

When the birds finally stopped attacking, they all fell down dead. Stiles slowly uncovered the two teenage girls from his protection as all three stood up slowly. Stiles grabbed ahold of Isabelle and scanned her over, checking she was alright.

Isabelle reassured Stiles she was okay and checked on Lydia as Stiles walked over to Ms. Blake who was severely shaken up about the attack. He stuck his hand out for her to take and she smiled gratefully when she used it to get herself up. He nodded at her and turned back to where he left Isabelle.

* * *

Chris Argent, who came into school once he heard the new of the bird attack, held his daughters wrist carefully as he examined her, "Next time you're feeling you wanna stay home, you stay home."

Allison, who was sat on a table, reassure her father, "I'm okay. But, dad, the deer and now this?"

Chris shook his head, "I know, I know."