chapter thirty seven!

𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖙𝖍, 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

*    *    *

*    *    *

( 𝖊𝖈𝖍𝖔 𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖘𝖊 )

For the past few days, Isabelle had been out of touch with nearly everybody. Her boyfriend, Stiles, was outed to be the Nogitsune very openly only to have disappeared again.

So while he was on the run and everyone was running around like headless chickens trying to find him, she focussed on something a little different. Her and Daniel had been practising their magic to the fullest extent. She knew she still had a long way to go but she had come so far so early.

Her powers were still linked with her brother, made things easier to control if things got a bit too out of hand. Their main focus was to broaden the mind; if they could expand the mind's capabilities, they stood more of a chance of controlling it, and whatever lay in there.

Of course, they didn't have a test subject to practice on but they made do. Scott had been keeping her in the loop of what was going on when they found Stiles and had later confessed that he was still the Nogitsune and had been playing a trick. Deaton, however, somehow managed to poison the fox inside of him so for now they had the real Stiles.

Scott had made his way to pick her up very quickly, only demanding she got onto the back of his motorbike. She did as he said, securing the helmet before shooting off. Scott pulled up outside Eichen Hiuse where Stiles and his father were stood outside the gate.  The pair clambered off the bike.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Scott demanded.

"Because we wanted to avoid something like this." The Sheriff sighed.

"It's only 72 hours." Stiles reasoned.

"This is the same place where Barrow came from. The guy who had a tumor inside him filled with flies." Elle reminded him, stepping towards her boyfriend. Stiles stared into her eyes as if trying to remember them.

"You don't know everything yet." Scott argued.

"I know enough. Nogitsunes, Kitsunes, Oni, or whatever they're called."

"Wow, that was actually all surprisingly correct." Stiles said, impressed by his father's memory.

"Scott, I saw an MRI that looked exactly like my wife's. And it terrifies me. I'm headed down to L.A. tomorrow to talk to a specialist."