chapter eight!

𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖎𝖗𝖊, 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

* * *

*    *    *

* * *

( 𝖚𝖓𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖍𝖊𝖉 )

Stiles waited outside the administrative offices, glancing about nervously and unable to stand still. Finally, the door opened and he scrambled back. Kyle's girlfriend, Ashley, walked out, escorted by a Deputy.

"Hey, Ashley? Sorry--Ashley--hey." Both she and the Deputy look at him, confused. "I need to ask something and it's going to sound really, unbelievably insensitive, but it's super important and I kind of have to know, so, I'm sorry but--was Kyle a virgin?"

"What?"

Stiles stood in her way. "Your boyfriend. Was he a virgin? Or did you guys--you know--did you-" She slapped him. Hard. Stiles's hand came up to his cheek, but he was more stunned than stung.

"No. He wasn't a virgin." She ran off to cry somewhere private.

Rushing out of the office, Stilinski pulled Stiles aside. "Have you completely lost your mind? Do you know what's going on here? I've got four murders. You see those guys in suits in there? That's the FBI. They're pulling together a task force to help because it looks like we have a full blown serial killer on our hands. Do you get that?"

Stiles sighed deeply, "I get it, Dad."

"Then what the hell do you think you're doing?"

Stiles meets his father's bewildered gaze. "Trying to find a pattern."

* * *

Fingers digging into the floor, Derek gritted his teeth against the pain. Cora starts forward as her leg quickly heals but Ennis moves to block her. Cora turned to Kali, "You're killing him."

Kali smirked and twisted the pole inside Derek. "Not yet, little sister. But I could. Who knows if it's five minutes or five hours before it's too late to pull this thing out. But just to be on the safe side..." she then turned to Deucalion, ignoring Cora for the time being. "Might want to get to the point, Duke."

Deucalion faced Derek's crouched figure. "Now you see the one problem with being in an Alpha pack. Everybody wants to make the decisions. Me? I'm more about discovering new talent. Like you."

Derek huffed out a short reply, "Not interested."

Kali looked at Deucalion, amused. "Told you."