(12) Anti POV

Why do I keep helping him!? I'm supposed to be better off without him! Right? Whatever. Anyway, Dark followed me back to his "home", where I laid him on the floor on his back. He winced as I did but didn't complain. I brushed his hair out of his eyes and he gave me a small smile.

"For a demon, you care too much."
"Would you rather me have left you there to die?"
"I never said that."

There was a moment of silence.

"Do you know where Sky stormed off to?"
"No idea."
"Oh well. She'll be back sooner or later. She wouldn't just leave Lefty."
"Dark..."
"Yeah?"

I drew in a deep breath.

"Look, I know you don't like me asking questions, especially about the soul holes or emotions..."
I was treading carefully, trying desperately to get some answers without being pushy or angering him.
"But I feel emotion, and I want to know what it is. I get the whole angry, sad, happy, relief and stuff, but this is different. I can't describe it, let alone figure out why I feel it in the first place."
He was looking at me curiously, a concentrated frown on his face.
"Go on..."
"I want to know what I feel when-whenI'mwithyou." The sentence came out in a rush, the words jumbled together and merged as one. Dark gave me a long look, then sighed in response.

"You really want to know what you feel around me?"
"Yes."
"Well, you're already right about one thing: you can't explain it. It can't physically be explained."
My head drooped at the lack of explanation but if it really couldn't be explained then I shouldn't expect him to try.
"However, it does have a name. You're i-in... love..."
His eyes glazed over slightly, and took on a far away gaze, as if he was thinking about something else entirely.
"Love?"
"Mhm."
"Dark, that's not enough! I need to know whether this ache of longing I feel is actually 'love'!"
"Anti! I already told you, I can't explain it to you. But I can show you?"
"Show me."
"If anything I do feels wrong, or off, then it isn't love." He looked as if he was hoping that would be the case. "But if it feels okay, or right, then I suppose it could be counted as a form of it."
"O-okay."
He was beginning to unnerve me. What was he going to do?

-------
A/N
Well this is officially the chapter I hate the most at the minute. It went on for too long, yet it was too short, it was awkward, and I was at a block for what the conversation between them would be.
-sigh-
Lets just forget about this one.
The last like ten lines didn't even have to exist.
Oh well.
Whats done is done.

Anyway.

*claps hands*
*clears throat*
*raises eyebrows*
*goes to speak*
*realises it'd be better if I don't*
*turns around*
*skips away*

Onto le story