(2) Dark POV

One thousand. Todays kill would be my one thousandth. I was waiting for the oh-so-brilliant moment when Google would call my name, and give me a target. I hadn't been out all day and was itching to feel the wind beneath my wings, and hear a humans pitiful shrieks and screams.

Music to my ears.

"Darkiplier? Is there a Darkiplier here?"
"Over here, Google."
"I have been given a new primary obj--"
"Just tell me what I need to know."
"Sky Durran. 10 Royale Street. Female. Five foot eight--"
"I said what I needed to know."
He didn't reply, just turned in one swift movement and stalked away as I rolled my eyes at the back of his head.

After thinking it over for a second, I knew exactly where I was going, and the route with which I would get there.

On the way, I sensed a storm coming on, and I was correct, because upon turning onto Royale Street, thunder was rumbling overhead and it had started to rain. Humans didn't like thunderstorms. They become afraid.

They become almost too easy.

I landed softly on the roof of number ten, and waited until I was certain she was home alone. I then dropped silently into the garden, prepared to have to soundlessly break a window, but the stupid human had left her kitchen window open, so there was no need for a silent break in. I rolled my eyes. Typical.

Getting into the house was the easy part. The harder part was staying out of sight, and cleaning up the mess.