(7) Dark POV

I woke up to Anti kneeling beside me, inspecting my chest.

Shit

He must have realised that I was now awake, as he immediately snapped back into a sitting position, dragging his gaze from my chest to my face.

"A- are you okay?"
"And you care because?"

There it was again, that flash of pain in his eyes.

"Why are you here anyway?"
"Well, I heard you--"

He cut off after seeing the look on my face

"I wondered if you knew anything about this?"

He lifted his shirt to reveal a green heart carved into his chest, identical to mine but the right way up.

Oh hell no. Not him. Anybody but him.

"Nope, never seen it before."
"Well, I just thought you knew something, seeing as you have one too. Oh, and I also have a theory that they might have something to do with emotions, because I think I've managed to develop some, y'know?"

I jumped up at his words and let my fangs slide into place.

"You don't know shit about emotions! You think it's all 'fine and dandy' to develop them, but you couldn't be more wrong. Trust me, the excitement doesn't last for long! Emotions start to control you, make you blind to things that you should have seen right in the beginning! They hurt you, they break you, and it always ends in tears. So, do yourself a favour and take your ass back to hell, go and talk to your 'friends' and 'family' about them. Because if you mention emotions around me again, I can promise you that you won't see the light of another day!"
"..."
"Clear?"
"Uh-yes, clear."

With that, I turned and walked away from him, not checking or bothering if he followed. I strolled from building to building until it began to get late, then settled down in a random building for the night, the events of today swirling around in my mind.