I Think I Like You Too

Bakugou threw open the training room door yelling, "Hey, asshole! You don't just kiss someone like that and then leave!"

He froze when he saw that Kirishima wasn't alone.

Kirishima was chatting nervously to Kaminari who had decided to get in a bit of training after school when he heard Bakugou's outburst from the doorway down the hall.

He stilled and felt his face turn three different shades of red. He was lucky it was only Kaminari he was standing with, at least he already knew how he liked Bakugou.

He glanced at Kaminari and saw the boy's mouth was hanging open, staring back and forth between him and Bakugou. "He did not just say that!" Kaminari all but burst out, seemingly getting his shock under control enough to form the words. They were standing far enough away from Bakugou that he couldn't hear them. Yet.

Well at least someone was excited about the situation, Kirishima thought dryly. There was no way he could see this ending well. He put his hands up to shush his friend but was brushed aside as Bakugou gripped the front of Kaminari's shirt and ground out between clenched teeth, "If you breathe a word of this to anyone, I'll kill you."

Kaminari nodded believing that he probably meant it as Bakugou roughly released his shirt and stormed off down the hallway.

Well that could've been worse.

Kaminari's eyes slid over to Kirishima, "He's got it bad for you."

Now it was Kirishima's turn to gape. "What?"

"Well it sounds like the two of you just finished making out" Kaminari raised his eyebrows suggestively but continued "aaaaaand you're both wearing matching blushes, aaaaaand he came out here with no shirt on to chase you down. He's got it bad. I didn't think I'd ever see Bakugou blush! I think he was actually redder than you."

"Yeah, well as much as I'm loving your enjoyment of this, I need to go deal with that," Kirishima gestured in the direction Bakugou had gone.

"Good luck man, if anyone can tame him, it would be you." Kaminari winked as he disappeared through the training room door.

Oh holy hell, the situation had gone from incredible to fucked in less than two minutes. He had to talk to Bakugou. He imagined he would have locked himself up in his dorm again so he went into his own room first.

He closed the door and leaned against it with his eyes closed, a small smile playing at his lips. But his eyes flew open when he heard a throat clear.

Bakugou was sitting on his bed, hands clasped in his lap. There was nervousness and anxiety etched into every line of his body and Kirishima just stared.

"I..." Kirishima started but Bakugou had picked the same time to start talking too "Do..."

They both stopped and looked at each other.

Kirishima had come down from his high and was now incredibly nervous. He thought he'd have to time to think of what he would say. He knew he babbled when he was nervous.

Kirishima's hand reached up behind his head and he rubbed at the back of his neck. He started again "I'm sorry about what happened. No, wait! I'm not sorry I kissed you, well technically you kissed me, but I'm not sorry about that, I'd actually like to do it again, that is, if you want to. I've wanted to do it for a while now. I'm sorry that I walked away from you, if I didn't then Kaminari wouldn't have found out like that but I guess he might have walked in on us instead and that probably would have been worse. But I'm also not sorry that he knows, I'm not ashamed of kissing you or anything. I really like you. Ugh this is coming out all wrong." Kirishima scrubbed his hands over his face.

Bakugou was just staring at him. "I think I like you too," he finally said.

Kirishima crossed the room to sit on the edge of the bed, not trusting his legs to hold him up any longer. He looked up at Bakugou's face with a tentative smile. He reached out and took one of Bakugou's hands in his. At first the blonde stiffened at the touch but slowly relaxed his hand, looking at their entwined fingers.

They stayed like that for a while. Neither of them willing to break the calm until Bakugou smirked. "As far as first kisses go I guess that was pretty good. Been wanting to do it for a while huh?" Bakugou repeated what Kirishima had said during his earlier prattle.

Kirishima blinked at the boy sitting next to him. He started to feel a little of the previous flirty feeling return. "Well, I guess I wanted to kiss you the other day when you were using the punching bag. Then again when you were feeling my quirk in bed. I really thought you were going to kiss me when you pinned me in the training room."

Bakugou released a breath he didn't know he'd been holding, "Yeah, I thought I was too, but I didn't know if you wanted me to. I'm... not very good at reading people like that."

"Reading people who you're about to kiss?" Kirishima teased.

Bakugou scoffed and shoved him.

Their eyes met and Bakugou cleared his throat "Do you, uh, do you think we could do it again?"

Kirishima wore a small smile, Bakugou was so endearing when he was nervous. He imagined it wasn't something many people had ever seen. Kirishima wet his lips and moved toward the other boy.

Bakugou leaned in and tentatively pressed his lips to Kirishima's.

This kiss was different to the other. This one was slow and sweet and exploring as opposed to the hot, needy kiss they had shared earlier. Bakugou's hand came up to the side of Kirishima's face, his thumb brushing lazily over his jaw line.

Kirishima's hand had fisted in Bakugou's shirt. He slowly ran his tongue along Bakugou's bottom lip.

Bakugou leaned back and breathed out, "Kiri, if we keep going like that we won't get down to dinner."

Kirishima smiled lazily at him, "You're probably right." Then he remembered "Do you need to stay in here again tonight?"

"Ahh yeah, if that's ok." Bakugou blushed.