"You look so pretty ody."

I tear my gaze from Faye and smile down at Javier. I pick him up before placing him on the chair beside me.

"Thank you very much and you look very handsome."

"Daddy picked it out." He says with so much pride. He really loves his Father, Can't say the same for a lot of people in here though.

"Well your dad has a nice taste in clothes, luckily."

"Do you want to dance?" He asks.

"Do you want to?" I throw his question back at him.

"I don't want to, I just want to stuff my face with more food."

"It's me and you both baby." I say and high five him.

"So you're the cutie that has been taking my sister away from me." Faye says as she leans forward towards Javier.

"You have a sister?" He asks me totally ignoring what Faye said.

I nod and remind him, "I have two sisters" I'm sure I've mentioned it before.

His eyes widen, "you have a brother and two sisters?" He exclaims.

I simply nod. He smiles, "that is so awesome!"

He turns to Faye, "you're so pretty."

"Careful Ody. He's a charmer." She says to me before looking back at him. "Thank you. You look so handsome."

"Thank you." He blushes and looks down.

Faye laughs and the Beta that she's been eyeing comes over.

"Do you want to dance?"

She looks at him like she's thinking about it before slowly standing up.

"I guess i have to say Yes." She says and they leave.

"You have an awesome family."

I ruffle his hair, "I know. Thanks."

I take another slice of cake and place it on my plate, I hand Javier a clean fork. We eat and eat and eat–well, Javier eats everything while I sit there watching him in amusement.

Someone clears their throat above us and I see alpha Casper standing behind Javier.

"It's past nine Javi you need to go bed."

Javier opens his mouth to protest but alpha Casper cuts him off, "Don't argue with me Javi."

He looks at me with pleading eyes but I shake my head and raise my hand in surrender, "He's the dad." I say. He groans and throws his head back before alpha Casper picks him up. Alpha Casper narrows his eyes at me and as always his permanent frown was directed at me.

I roll my eyes as he leaves. Now that Javier is gone, I sit there thinking for a while before I realise that I must look terrible and lonely.

I stand up and leave. I'm heading upstairs when someone grabs my arm. Faint tingles spread up my arms and I immediately know who it is.

"We need to talk Odetta." Mason says and I just sigh and look at him.

"Okay, follow me."

I lead him out of castle to a small garden that is not very far. The silence just builds up the tension and I'm sure he can hear my heart beating. When we reach the garden, I don't say anything and neither does he. We just stay in our silence and his gaze is on me while mine is on the floor.

"How are you doing?"

I swallow down the lump in my throat, "I've been—living I guess." I say not knowing what to call how I've been these last few years. After my answer, there is silence again.