chapter 34

"I want to see a picture of Adrianna."

"Haven't you seen her before?"

"I haven't but I know she passed her looks to Javier." I try to remember the rest but she was seen as one of the most beautiful Lunas of all time, there aren't even many pictures of her back at the house,"There's no picture of her that I can find."

"I think I have a picture somewhere around here." Dakota leaves the library and I make myself comfy.

"Aha." I hear her say. She finds a stack of pictures and brings it me. I peer down at the first photo and it  captured a smiling Adrianna side by side with Casper who is gazing down at her adoringly. My heart squeezes. I'm sure he really loved her. Maybes even still.

"He looked so young here." I choke down my jealousy and speak.

"I forget he's only thirty. He acts like he's fifty or something." I laugh at Dakota's words.

"Dakota." I try to warn while laughing.

"What? With the way he's been acting this past few years, you'd think he was older than me."

I look down at another picture. They weren't kidding when they said that she was one of the most beautiful Lunas of all time. How could I compete with this? How could Casper still look at me after being mates with this goddess?

She looks so beautiful with her black hair let loose, her head thrown back and she had the prettiest laugh ever captured but my heart squeezed when I saw Casper looking down at her. I go through the stack of pictures Dakota brought.

They're photos with a young Adrianna, A teenage Adrianna and even baby Adrianna but the ones with casper in them, all have him gazing at her with love and affection. Would he be better off with her? I suddenly feel a weird emotion. Something like a mix between sadness and jealousy.

Dakota snatches the stack of picture from me "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought these." She makes a move to stand up but I put out a hand and stop her.

"It's okay, I'm alright. It's not a big deal." I try to reassure her but she gives me a very sad smile.

"He loves you very much, don't let this picture tell you otherwise."

I wave her comment aside "I'm not bothered." I lie.

"Tell me more about Casper and Adrianna."

"no. I know what you're doing."

I pout, "I just want to know how they were like."

"I said no Odetta."

"Wouldn't it be nice to talk about your daughter? I'm sure she was kind and brave."

A smile slowly makes it way on her face, "you have no idea. She was the—" She starts to say and very soon she starts talking about Adrianna's life with Casper.

I laugh at some parts because Casper and Adrianna had the best relationship. Cute, funny, romantic, need I go on?. It sounds like she brought him so much happiness after the death of his parents.

Would I be able to give Casper all this? What if I'm not as perfect as her? Maybe I could be Adrianna for him.

When I'm sure that Dakota is fast asleep, I leave and formulate my plan on the long walk back home.

"Where's Casper?"

"He's in town."

"How was Anne?" I tease.

Sebastian hides his blush and gulps down his bottle of water. "She's okay." he murmurs.

I resist the urge to smile at him and decide to ask him to take me somewhere. "You've been going out to town these past few weeks right ?"

Bittersweet | completeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara