New Beginnings

Yesterday is gone.

Today is a new day.

Marinette wasn't going to let the past hold onto her anymore.

She was emotional. She couldn't help it. But she could help how she handled it.

She wanted to see the bright side to everything. Even in the darkest places. Maybe she hadn't seen the worst times of her life. Maybe she hadn't even scratched the surface. Maybe the worst was yet to come.

But she wasn't going to let it hold her down. No fear of the future. No pain of the past.

She wasn't going to sit alone, waiting for her life to happen. Waiting for the bad and the good.

She was going to stand up, and face it.

And she wasn't going to do it alone.

Adrien, Chat Noir.

Her new crime fighting partner, the guy she sung with all the time, her high school crush.

He was always going to be there for her.

Even if things got rough, she could handle it. Because he could help her.

She didn't need promises. She didn't need to hear the words "it'll be alright". Because she knew it would.

Nothing could take that away from her.

She walked down the street, hand in hand with Adrien. The two of them shared smiles.

People had pieced together that they were the same Ladybug and Chat Noir that sung in local areas.

So many calls had came in, asking for interviews, and people wanting to sign them off for record labels.

It was a dream come true.

The two had seen Master Fu a few more times since the first attack, and he filled them in on all they needed to know.

All about miraculous, Hawkmoth, etc.

And once the second one came around, they were ready.

Marinette and Adrien sat down on a park bench.

"This is crazy Marinette." he smiled.

She looked into his joy filled eyes, feeling a smile tugging at her own pink lips.

"It is..." she sighed happily, having just got off the phone with yet another record label.

There were so many to choose from now....from places farther than Paris.

"We could travel the world, live our dreams!!" he stood up open his arms to all the possibilities.

She giggled, shaking her head.

"What are your dreams?" she asked calmly.

"My dreams?" he pondered for a moment, sitting down next to her.

"Well....I'm not entirely sure. I've got my entire life ahead of me to figure that out. But hey..."

She looked over to him curiously.

"I know one dream." he nudged her arm.

"Oh yeah. And what's that?" she raised an eyebrow.

"To be with you for the rest of my life." he grinned.

She felt her heart flutter. No matter how silly it had sounded, it made her melt.

"Sounds like you're trying to propose." she laughed light heartedly.

"Well. If I were to propose one day....would you say yes?" he questioned jokingly.

She pretended to think for a moment, even though she knew the answer.

"Hmmm....that depends...." She tapped her lip with her index finger.

"On....?" he carried out the question.

"How many cat puns you make."

He put a hand to his chest, taking on an offended expression.

"Meow-ch m'lady."

She nudged him with her elbow, shaking her head.

He wrapped an arm around her shoulder, and she snuggled up to his side.

"Yes." she sighed.

"Yes?" he looked down at her, quirking an eyebrow.

"I think I would marry you. Cat puns and all." she smiled, leaning into his embrace.

"Really?"

"Really. You dork."

He smiled down at her.

"But I'm your dork."

"Yeah. You're my dork." she watched as the sun began to set, the sky swimming with pinks and oranges.

Maybe life didn't always go how we expected.

Maybe things didn't always go according to plan.

And some days, our thoughts are clouded with millions of toxic lies, eating away at us.

And many days, it feels like it would rain forever. Like no one could shield you from the downfall. No one was there to help.

But Marinette was ready this time. Ready for anything.

Because from now on, when it rained.

She would bring an umbrella.

*****

Ahhhhhhh omg it's over.

I know I know, cheesy, but I love it.Yeah,this last chapter is short, but I feel like it's a good ending.  I can't even express how grateful I am for the people who read this, and who were patient with me. I know it's not the best, and it's somewhat messy in places, but it's something I'm proud of. I couldn't have continued this without you guys. Seriously, without anyone to read, this story is just words written down on digital pages. But you guys make it mean something, by enjoying it, getting something out of it. It makes me so happy to know that someone out there is enjoying something I've made. 

If you enjoyed and are sad to see it end, don't worry, if you want I might make a sequel. I'm going to edit this story to fix things that might be unclear, or typos and stuff. Over the time I've been writing this, my life has been pretty rough. So some parts are a bit...rushed? I won't go into much detail but a lot was happening in my life. And for a while, I wondering if I was worth it. If I deserved to live. But, after each chapter I posted, I saw so many comments that made me laugh, that made me happy. It made me realize that I didn't need a standard to live by. What was good enough and what wasn't. The truth was, i don't need to be 'good enough'. I just need to be me. And do what makes me happy, whatever it may be. I'm not alone. And neither are you. Even when you feel like giving up, even when you don't think people actually care. Its okay to open up to people, it's okay to be vulnerable sometimes. Its okay, to not be okay. You're not going to be happy every day of your life, and others aren't always going to treat you well. But that's okay. Even if it hurts, it will all get better. It takes time. A lot of time. But it's worth it. I promise.

Anyways, thank you so much,

Much love❤

~author.