Thinking

Lots of things were going through Marinette's mind. Of course they were. But Adrien's mind was racing too.

Was something wrong with Marinette? Well of course. Was that even a question? The more important thing to ask was what? She had seemed so moody lately.

He wasn't angry with her, far from it. And annoyed wasn't even near it. He was concerned.

He understood she must be going through alot. But honestly, he couldn't understand as much as he wanted to.

It hurt him he couldn't be there for her like he wished he could. It was like he just had to watch her struggle with herself.

Anytime he assured her everything was okay, it never lasted long enough.  Maybe he didn't believe it himself. Maybe things wouldn't be okay....

No. He couldn't think that way. He had to stay strong. For her sake. And for his own.

But he did know that things wouldn't be easy. That man had said some crazy things, and any other time, Adrien would've called Bull crap on it all. But for some reason, it made sense to him, like he was born for this. And by the sound of it, he was.

But what was...this? It sounded like a secret spy mission he was going to go on, searching for the butterfly?  He didn't really know. But the miraculous, whatever they were, whatever he was, sounded like some kind of....superheroes.

There was no way that could be true. That's like a dream come true for him. All his life, he dreamed of being some kind of hero. To save someone.

But he realized, in that moment...he didn't need to be a superhero. He needed to be a hero.

He knew one person, who he planned on trying his hardest to save.

Marinette.

Marinette.

She was a wreck inside.

But she didn't want to cry. Not anymore. Crying was for saddness. Crying was for happiness. Crying was for anger.

Would it be right to cry for confusion? Maybe, maybe in some other case, maybe under extreme stress. But Marinette knew she would need to learn to deal with it.

By the looks of it, the stress was only going to grow in size. Maybe one day, it would get so big, it would eventually crush her. Break her into to tiny pieces and  leave her in a pile of dust.

But as for today, she wasn't going down so easily.

She knew how to be strong. She just needed to do it.

"Lets email them back." she smiled, taking over the computer keyboard.

"Okay." Adrien smiled back.

Marinette moved the mouse, causing the cursor to hover over the reply button.

She clicked it.

Dear members of the PGMAA,

You seem to have caught me and Chat at the same time! We would be very delighted to dicuss this amazing opportunity! We only wish that the meeting schedule be flexible, since we both have life outside of the masks. We look forward to seeing you, and hope that we can work something out.

Sincerely, Ladybug and Chat Noir.

Marinette read over the email, about to try and make it sound more sophisticated. But before she got to touch the mouse again, Adrien pressed send.