Problems

How many different conflicting emotions can you have at once????

Too many apparently.

Marinette seemed to be completely cut off from reality, as Adrien's lips took over her own.

And though the sensation was wonderful, and breathtaking, she couldn't break from her thoughts.

That was the only reality she could see.

She wanted to believe it could work. But not like this. She needed to know.

She pulled away from him, gentley pushing his body from her own, his comforting warmth leaving her now cold body.

The air between them was icy, as Adrien stared at her in confusion.

"M-" he started, but he was cut off.

"I can't." she spoke, her voice shaking with each word.

"Can't what?" he shook his head, trying to get closer to her.

She backed away.

"I can't do this." she turned her head away from him, her eyes darting to the floor.

She couldn't explain why she felt this way. Why she was so confused. Why things were so complicated. Maybe they weren't. Maybe she just made them that way.

But that didn't change the ache in her heart.

Why was the one she wanted so bad.....the one that seemed to hurt her the most? And he hadn't even done anything......she did this to herself.

All because of him.

Because she was falling in love.

Heck, she was completely submerged in love..

And that's what scared her the most.

How long until she was drowning?

How long until she could no longer breath, when the weight of it all would come crashing down on her?

How long until it was over?

Until she would have to forget him?

Until she would never be able to forget him?

Until she was broken?

"What do you mean?"

She couldn't quite answer that question.

That was almost like her own question.

Why?

Why did she feel that way?

Why did she make it so difficult?

"How many times?" he asked suddenly.

"What?" she looked over to him, as if seeing him would make his words make sense.

They didn't make sense.

"How many times do I have to remind you that I'm here for you?" Adrien explained.

She stared at him for a moment, his words ringing in her ears.

He had done that.

He had been there.

Every time.

But how long would it last?

"I will keep reminding you every single day for the rest of my life if I need to." he stepped closer, just to have her back up again.

This time, a little less than before.

"There's no use." she shook her head, slowly looking down, before looking up once more.