How can I say this?

If someone would have told Marinette that Adrien would be in her room, hugging her, she wouldn't have believed you.

But here she was, his arms firmly, but carefully wrapped around her.

She didn't have a full grasp on the situation at the moment. If it wasnt for her mixed emotions and confusion, she might've been going crazy.

But at the moment, this was all she really needed. A hug. She didn't know what was going to happen anymore, but for now....it just felt right.

All too soon, the moment ended. Adrien slowly pushed Marinette away, still holding her shoulders. Her hair stuck to her drenched face, and her head hung low.

The warmth of his arms was so comforting, and so soothing. But now that it was gone, the empty space between them was burning. She wanted to hug him again, but she was too scared. Scared that she would want to be with him, scared that she would rely on him. He wanted to apologize. She knew he did. She wanted to forgive him, and she could. That wasn't the problem

The problem, was that Adrien didn't know Marinette. And Marinette didn't know Adrien. She had to accept that she didn't know all she wished she did.

Marinette was scared to let Adrien get to know her. Because he liked ladybug, and.....they're quite different. Ladybug was an act, for the most part. Marinette could have never sang in front of so many people. But....Ladybug could. Chat Noir could.

And she bet Adrien could too.

She gulped, still shaking slightly in his arms.

"Marinette.....how are you?" Adrien leaned down, attempting to look at her face.

She quickly turned her head away, face still hidden from him.

Adrien stiffened, sitting back upright.

"I'm sorry." he sighed, his grip tightening on her shoulders.

Her eyes widened, and she slowly looked up to him. He looked hurt, like someone just stole his puppy or something.

"W-why are y-you sorry?" she stuttered, choking on her words, as well as her tears.

"I'm sorry...What they said....it was horrible." He swallowed a lump in his throat, meeting her eyes with his own.

"What?" she jumped a bit, backing away. His grip on her shoulders released.

"Its not your fault Adrien. You didn't say anything." she whispered.

"No....Marinette....I should have done something. I......I should've gone to your party.....I totally forgot." Adrien scratched the back of his neck, awkwardly shifting.

"You...no." she shook her head slightly, pushing her hair behind her ears.

"You saved me extra embarrassment.....if you would have been there......i...." She bit her lip. She wasn't about to confess....was she?

"Me? Why would I make a difference." Adrien's eyes masked over with pain. Marinette probably hated him. Didn't she?

"You.....I can't even form a s-entence a-around y...you." Her face grew hot, like the burning pain inside of her.

"Marinette.....d...do you hate me?" he croaked.

She stared at him. His eyes grew watery, painful and hurt.

That's what he thought?!?!? She thought he hated her. How could anyone hate Adrien?!?!?

"NO!" she said all too quickly. He jumped a bit at her sudden change of tone.