Duet

The duo agreed to meet at the eiffel to sing. Chat noir brought his guitar, slung on his shoulder.

Ladybug arrived before he had, and started to think of a song that they should sing. Despite her day being pretty terrible, she was ready to sing.

When he finally arrived, he didn't fail to flirt with her.

"You look purrfect my lady." he gave her a grin.

"Thanks Kitty." she rolled her eyes and chuckled.

"What song are we singing today?" he turned his guitar to sit comfortably in his lap.

"Little do you know." she smiled and crossed her legs.

"Sure thing." He smiled And strumed his guitar.

They sung and moved their heads to the music.

Ladybug's voice danced in his ears, she perfectly hit every tune.

They finished the song, they continued to play different songs, ladybug singing like there's not tomorrow. But they stopped, sitting quietly until Chat broke the silence.

"You did great m'lady." he smiled, but his lips closed at the sight of her staring out into the city. She didn't turn, just slightly moved her eyes downward. The sun had gone down, and the lights were now shining, giving her face a small glow.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he placed his guitar down behind him and turned to face her.

"Do you ever feel like you just don't belong?" she looked back up into the sky, not meeting his green eyes.

"Well, yeah, everyone does sometimes. Is everything alright?" his expression was a little confused. She just seemed so happy singing earlier, but now...

"Yeah..." She sighed, her eyes still focused on the stars.

"Tell me what's wrong." he scooted closer to her.

"Today was my birthday." she sighed and dropped her head to stare at her hands, fiddling in her lap. Her words came out, barely a whisper.

Before Chat could say anything, she continued.

"I invited someone, someone who's..." she struggled finding the words.
"Someone who I....I really wanted to be there." she turned to look at him.

He now noticed the pain in her eyes, how her face looked drained and sad.

"But." she stood up and smoothed out her clothes.

"I don't want you to worry about my problems." she smiled, almost convincingly, but he could see through it. Anyone else would have bought it, but he, he knew better.

He stood up too.

She turned to walk off, but was stopped by a gentle hand gripping her arm.

"It's not a burden. I want to help." he looked down at her, her petite figure, not filling making eye contact with him.

"Chat." she looked directly into his eyes, before flashing him a staged smile.

"I'm fine." and with that she shook out of his grip, and walked down the streets of Paris.

She's not fine...
And he went his seprerate ways.