27. Remembering

Y/n's p.o.v.:

Evan got better quickly and we went to go visit him almost daily.

And on those days I got to spend more time with Jared.

"Evan just went to sleep we could go wait by the coffee shop if you guys want." Jared said to the two of us.

"You guys can go, I think Zoe's around here today and I'd like to spend more time with her. Besides you guys haven't went on any dates." Jayden responded playfully and walked off to who knows where.

I attempted laughing it off and looked up at Jared who had a serious expression written on his face.

"I'm sorry, with everything that has been happening, we never got to settle our situation." Jared said as he took my hand and interwined our hands.

"Yeah, I was wondering when you would bring thst up." I admitted and felt a light blush appear on my cheeks.

"I hope that we can become a thing in the future but for now let me treat you to some food, I remember you used to love going to that coffee shop when we were little."

"You remembered?"

"Of course I did, when you left... I felt my entire world crumble. I felt so awful that I said all of those things to you and I was such a jerk to you."

"Well I guess you know how Evan felt about saying all those things to you guys."

"Hey, can we not talk about Evan right now."

"Why? You jelly?"

"Ha no."

"Are you bluffing?" I smirked.

"I said no." Jared answered a bit angrily.

"Alright alright sheesh I was only joking around. You're still hot tempered like I remembered." I said out loud but more to myself.

"What do you remember about me?" He asked as he took my hand once again and lead me towards the coffee shop.

"Well... You loved to talk about video games all the time, and you always brought comic books to share with me and helped me understand what the words meant, you were always more smarter than me, um, one time you pulled a scab off while you were playing kickball-"

DON'T TELL HIM THAT YOU KEPT THAT SCAB IN A LOCKET Y/N! I thought to myself.

"You remember that, that's so funny."

"What part?"

 "Pulling my scab off, I remember chasing all the girls around with it and when I did that to you, you just took it and thanked me." Before he could continue I finished the story.

"Yeah you kissed me in my cheek and pressed the scab into my hand while yelling 'you got cooties' or something like that." I laughed and noticed him blush slightly.

"Madam." He quickly said and opened the door for me.

"My my aren't you acting pretty chivalrous today. Who am I speaking to GV or Jared?" I asked as I sat down.

"GV and Jared are both a part me, GV is just the me inside of me, you get it?" Jared asked as I nodded.

Wait, was he low-key being vulnerable right now by admitting that he didn't want people to know how he was deep inside?

"What do you want to order?" He asked.

"I'll have --"

"[insert favorite coffee, tea, drink idk? do you guys drink coffee I know I can't live without coffee.]"

"How'd you know?" I asked with a huge grin on my face.

"I remember practically everything you told me y/n."

"Not creepy at all..." I mumbled. At the moment I could feel my heart beating rapidly.

He remembered me, this entire time he kept me on his mind.

He soon came back with our drinks and I thanked him once he handed me my drink.

"Wait. So then do you remember Evan from our class?" I asked remembering what Evan told me in the bathroom a long time ago.

"Why are you bringing him up?" Jared asked seriously. "We're going to see him later anyways."

"Well it's just he told me that he was in our classes but I don't remember ever seeing him." I told him truthfully. "And I kind of feel like a dick for not remembering him."

"It's not your fault that you didn't even know he was in our class."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I kind of made sure that he stayed as a wallflower throughout the entire school year because I didn't trust him." Jared said softly and stared at his his own large cup of coffee.

"What did you do?"

"I just made sure that Evan stayed in his place--"

"Don't tell me you bullied him." I asked afraid of what the answer might be.

"Jared." I said softly once he wouldn't look me in the eye.

"Why would you do something like that? What did he do to deserve something like that?"

Jared's p.o.v.:

That's it I couldn't take it anymore I stood up forgetting my coffee and marched out of the store.

How could y/n be on his side? Why did she have to act so disappointed in me?

"Jared wait hold up!" I heard her yell and run after me.

Once she caught up to me she tugged my shirt lightly and asked if I was okay.

"You want to know why I bullied Evan?" I asked.

"He was everything I wasn't and I was afraid that if you met him one day, you would like him and start hanging out with him. That's why I bullied Evan. And I bullied you a lot because I didn't know how to show you that I loved you as well. I cared to much about what other people thought of me. And look at how it turned out. I made you scared of going to school and I never saw you again until now. I'm so sorry y/n." I told her and wrapped my arms around her making the cups of coffee that she had in her hand slip and spill all over the concrete ground.

"I never want to lose you again, and I'm sorry if I get jealous in the future of anyone or anything."

"Oh Jared, please don't cry or else I'm going to cry and trust me I look horrible when I cry." Y/n said trying to sooth me.

"Yeah I know, you look ugly as hell when you do." I told her as she punched me and laughed.

"Let's go to my house we can go visit Evan tomorrow, for now it'll be us."

"And only us?" I asked her.

"Only us, but don't get any ideas." Y/n quickly added as she turned a bright pink.

-------

*SOBS IN SPANISH*

IS IT JUST ME OR DO I ALWAYS FEEL ATTACKED WHEN I HEAR THE SONG ONLY US BECAUSE IT REMINDS ME OF HOW I WILL ALWAYS BE FOREVER ALONE ;_;

sorry for all the caps I'm just going through some emotional mood swings, i'll just go eat some ice cream.

-MUSE.