10. Cigarette

Jared's p.o.v:

Jayden started talking about how annoying our parents were at times and I was also talking with her. Evan was just being Evan and not talking, I mean of course he wouldn't. He only has his mom to worry about and that asshole he would call 'father' isn't with him anymore. Y/n wasn't saying anything at all which surprised me. I felt this weird feeling like I've seen her before-

"How about you y/n?" Jayden asked out of nowhere and snapping me back to reality.

"Oh, well yeah they can be annoying at times. Especially my father, he hasn't come back home in like a decade. Of course if he did a shotgun would be waiting for him at the door." She said casually, at the moment she sounded like Connor. She was so chill. I wish I could be like that and not have to hide myself I thought as Evan laughed and said "same."

Looking at the interaction between the two made me feel uneasy for some reason and I didn't know why. "We got two feminists now." I said trying to get y/n's attention. Instead I got Jayden to throw a tape dispenser at me.

Once I looked back at y/n I could see that she was angry; and upset "Whats wrong with being a feminist?" She asked in a demanding tone.

"Everything, they're always so annoying they can't take a compliment from a guy, they can't handle a man being chivalrous. And they certainly can't handle being called a feminist." I said trying to remain casual. I was looking the part and acting casual when I said that but the anger that I saw in her face made me feel something.

Before I could even process anything that she was doing y/n threw her water bottle at me and all the liquid spilled on me. shit.

"Don't ever assume anything about me Jared Kleinman." Was all she said as she opened the door and slammed it shut leaving Jayden and Evan with me in the room.

"Jared what the hell?! Why do you always have to be like this, that was so immature!" Jayden said as she rambled on and on. I didn't pay much attention to her because I was looking at what Evan was doing.

He left the room. And somehow that worried me. He was going to find her.

And that's when I realized. crap. I was falling for y/n.

But how I haven't even talked to her often and every time I do talk to her she just yells at me. It's not like I did anything terrible to her. Not like I did to the other y/n.

And then the realization hit me yet again. Y/n, the girl that I had fallen in live with right now is the girl that I liked when I was younger.

"What are you going through dipshit?" Jayden said staring at me. No one knew but we actually got along quite well when no one was looking. I guess it was because we both never had any siblings.

"Nothing, just do you think I fucked up?" I asked pointing my finger to the door behind me.

"Well yeah I mean she literally fell for you in the club, you guys were talking non stop and here you just blew it. If I knew anything, which I do, I bet you like y/n." At that comment my face heated up and I felt my entire body become stiff.

"H-How do you know?" I whispered yelled at her as she smirked and stood up. "I knew it!" She said as she snapped her fingers.

"Wait, what?" I didn't even have time to finish my sentence because Jayden cut me off as a huge grin appeared on her face.

"Ha! I knew it, I called it Y/n and Jared kissing in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Before she could even continue the song I took a pillow from her bed and threw it directly at her face.

"Asshole." She said laughing as she came to sit next to me. "I didn't expect you to fall for her so soon. If you want her to fall for you then you have to stop being a douche. I'll go check up on her." Was all Jayden said as she ruffled up my hair, stood up and walked out of her bedroom.

She was a good friend, she knew I was insecure at times and thats why I acted the way I am. But she accepted me the way I was. With all my flaws.

If she only knew the truth. She'd probably murder me. Not only was I helping Evan write fake emails I was also falling for the girl that I helped ruin her entire life. I couldn't even think straight.

I had to have a moment to think more about my situation. Still, I was happy that the no named girl I met during the club meeting was Y/n.

I need to find a way to show her who I really am.

----

hoi. Jared thinking woah