4. Waving Through a Window (reprise)

**ben platt my bae <3

Y/n's p.o.v:

I actually had another class with Jayden and it made me feel happy, I was actually going to have a friend in one of my classes.

"Dude, here don't show this to anyone." Jayden said as she handed me a blue paper. "What's it for?" I asked her curiously.

"I put my phone number in the slip so if you have any questions then you can message me this is extremely private stuff okay." Jayden said as she took notes that appeared on the board.

I couldn't copy as fast as the teacher was going and I didn't understand why we had to copy them when it was easier to save in a document, that's what I did when I was smaller.

All the information I needed to know was saved in a document on my computer, and when you needed to find something you just searched it. Why couldn't they be like this?

I ended up taking picture of Jayden's notes and once the bell rang the teacher said something that scared the life out of me.

"Alright class, tomorrow we'll have a quiz to see where you guys are. This will count as 20 percent of your grade." Our teacher, Mr. Ramos said as everyone growled in annoyance.

No wonder high schoolers hated to go to school. The work was to much. Since this was my last class I quickly ran home and opened the blue slip. It said:

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Hello Y/n!!!

this is Jayden, the president of the mascaraed club.

I would like to inform you that you have been selected as our newest member of the club!

Before you ask, the mascaraed club is an anonymous club;

we get to talk and sing and dance with anonymousness.

Isn't that cool?!? Now you may be wondering;

Jayden you just exposed yourself you aren't anonymous.

And to that I say; I know.

As the president I don't get to keep my identity a secret.

However, along with that I know everyone in this club.

In this club you get to be yourself and express yourself without worries.

The way that we disguise ourselves is by wearing the same clothing.

If you choose to come to our club then I will send you a package to your house with the clothes and if not, its alright.

From the mascaraed club to you, we would love to see you soon!

btw, here's my phone # : (XXX)-XXX-XXXX

Our first meeting of the new school year is this Friday after school!

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

I stared at the paper in disbelief. On the first day of school, I had already been invited to an event. I was so happy, I never thought making friends would be so easy.

I couldn't wait to tell my mother about this! I thought smiling at the thought of talking to others and not feeling so left out. I was definitely going to say yes to this.

After talking more with Jayden over text, I realized it was already late and my mother wasn't here. I waited a little longer while I began to cook, she never liked the idea of having a phone for herself so here I was waiting for her to come home.

The time went by and soon it was past 12. I was getting worried. Sure she was tough, but one women outside and late at night wasn't a good mix. Before I knew it I fell asleep on the counter, drifting off to a crazy dream.

I heard a loud thud, some mumbling and a loud bang. I quickly stood up and examined my surroundings.

Luckily it was just my mom that slammed the closet door a little to loud. When she saw me she was surprised.

"Honey, it's time to go to sleep, what are you doing?" She asked coming closer to me with a worried expression.

"I just, I didn't know where you were and I wanted to make sure you were okay and got home safely." I said hugging her, from my view I saw that it was already 3 am.

"You stayed up until 3? You should've went to bed." She said rubbing my back.

"Well, I actually slept at 1:30, I was tired." I admitted. "What were you doing that you came here so late?" I asked her worriedly.

"Oh, I was just looking for another job." She said.

"Did they fire you?!" I asked scanning her face to find an answer to which she laughed at.

"No no honey; I wanted to see if another job was available that's all." She said smiling. "Go to bed and get some rest you're going to wake up early tomorrow for school." She said looking through the fridge for something to eat.

"Oh, I haven't told you about my first day!" I said trying to get her attention.

"Can you tell me tomorrow? I really need my sleep." She confessed giving me an apologetic look.

"Of course, I'll go to sleep, sleep well!" I finished off and went back into my room.

----

So, the mascaraed club...

I actually wanted to write the literature club at first buttttt

that would be stealing so nope sorry ddlc fans.