3. Waving Through a Window

Y/n p.o.v:

I didn't want to tell my mother about anything that had just happened, she didn't deserve to feel stressed out.

That is why I wouldn't tell her about my encounter with Jared. Yeah she knew about him, but she always said he was a nice person.

She didn't really know the truth about what happened between him and I.

It all happened in 3rd grade when I realized I had a little kid crush on Jared, but I didn't want to tell him. I didn't want him to think that I was girly.

After all we hung out a lot because I wasn't like most girls that liked to braid their hair during recess and talked about the guys  that they liked 24/7 I was a little tomboy when I was small and I loved to play sports with the boys all the time.

That is until the boys began to play rough with me and every time I would tell them to stop playing to rough with me because it hurt they would laugh at me and tell me that I was just acting like the rest of the girls.

I hated being called a girl when I was, even though I was a girl I just didn't like the stereotypes that it brought. And I also didn't like it because Jared didn't like girls.

After many more days with me being hit by the boys I couldn't take it and so I told my teacher what had happened she then put the boys in detention and told their parents.

That was the worst and best thing that I could've ever done. It was the best thing because they stopped bothering me, but that also meant Jared stopped talking to me.

I didn't understand until I asked him and he pushed me away. He told me that because of me no one wanted to be his friend and with that we ended our friendship.

I didn't have the courage to talk to him anymore because I didn't know what to tell him and with that we stopped talking.

And I knew the boys would always talk about me behind my back, it then spread to the girls. No one wanted to talk to me and so I told my mom I didn't want to go to school.

She thought I was just shy and so she let me stay at home and learn with her. After our father left us, we grew a stronger bond together.

When I started 5th grade I could already cook, of course there were minor injuries here and there but I could cook a meal for the two of us at that age.

During 6th grade I began to actually clean up the house using toxic chemicals that weren't child friendly, but I wasn't going to eat a tide pod. I knew what was and wasn't safe.

I still remember surprising my mother the first time I cleaned the entire house. She looked so happy and upset that I didn't get the time to do what I wanted to do.

But it was fine with me, if she wouldn't let me get a job then I would take care of the house while she went to work.

Today people kept staring at me and if I told my mom, she would've said it was because I looked gorgeous. She always said I looked perfect without any make up and that not everyone could pull it off.

That's why I was surprised when Jared came up to me and began to flirt with me. I didn't recognize him at first when he was sitting behind me but one I turned around and saw those eyes I recognized him.

It was strange to see him again after all these years, and he hadn't changed at all. He still thought he was the best of the best and he made fun of his own friends.

<><><><><>< Earlier ><><><><><>

"Evan, you got any change?" Jared had asked Evan, who I found out was the guy that helped me to my class.

"Yeah, why?" He asked taking a wallet out of his book bag.

"I need to buy some food and I don't want to owe Jayden any more money she's already after me." He whispered and I heard Jayden next to me mumble out curse words that I thought weren't aloud to be said in school.

"I heard that!" She finally yelled eyeing Jared.

"Hey calm down babe I'll return the money soon, what was it like 5 dollars?" He asked as he counted the money that Evan gave him in his hand.

"Um, no I gave you 20 dollars so you better give me back my money bitch!" She yelled annoyed.

"Stop it with the language!" I heard the teacher, Mrs. Ramos yell as she looked back at her computer.

"Whatever, I'll see you later y/n." Jayden winked at me and left the three of us there. I didn't want to be late so I packed my things as well.

"Y/n? Are you new?" Jared asked casually but I could here a slight surprise in his voice. He had an idea of who I was. 

"Yeah, actually I just moved from New York." I lied. I didn't know anything about New York.

"Oh." He said. "I thought I'd recognize a face like yours." He said and smirked.

Great, he was bringing in the pick up lines. "By the way Evan, could you help me find these other classes, I'm sorry about this morning I had a bit of an issue since I didn't have my glasses." I admitted and Evan just nodded.

"Wow, I thought you had a thing for Zoe, but your two timing her man what a douche." He told Evan and laughed.

I couldn't take it he was just laughing at him after taking his money? He hadn't changed at all.

"You know what? I think you're the douche that fucking thinks he's above it all when all he is a lonely pitiful kid." I told him pocking his chest. He was surprised at my sudden change and didn't have time to react when I took the money from his hand.

"Don't give it him, this fucking jerk doesn't deserve a single cent." I told him, not bothering to wait for him.

Evan was such a sweet heart and I half wished that he was the person I liked when I was small. That would've given me a better outcome in life. I thought.

"Thank you so much!" I said and with that I left to my other classes. Throughout most of my classes I felt like I was just a small speck that no one paid attention to.

Was it because I was new and odd? It was as if I was just in a sealed see through box and and as much as I banged and asked for help no one gave it to me.

Even when they saw I was all alone they left me to wave from outside the window.

All I could do was take out my headphones and listen to Owl City.

-----

So I was thinking, crap I forgot,

I think I actually had something very important to say but forgot it.

Well, it was probably something along the lines of Jared being an ass?

He isn't going to be an ass for the entire thing, he's actually going to be a sweet heart later on so look forward to that!

musical_wierdo

when he sees me | Jared Kleinman x Reader |On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara