23. The Clock Struck 12

Y/n's p.o.v.:

I stared at the building in front of me. It felt as if time went by quickly because it was now the day of the ball.

"Get in slow poke!" Jayden yelled with a smile on her face, her girlfriend hadn't shown up yet so it was just me and her at the moment along with other people at the club that had elegant ball gowns.

Before we even went to the ball Jayden had insisted that we take pictures at the local park, while we were there some people stopped by to tell us that we looked pretty and one girl told me I looked like Cinderella.

"Wait until GV sees you!" Jayden said as she poked me and grinned.

"He won't even notice me, everyone else has way more elegant dresses than me okay." I replied as I rolled my eyes.

"Oh would you look at that my bae is here! I should go if you don't mind." Jayden asked and I could see her face turn red as she admired her girlfriend.

"Go spend time with her, I can chill here by the food stand." I told Jayden and with that she quickly ran to her girlfriend and kissed her.

"Aww, why can't we be like that?" A person said as they wrapped their arms around my waist. It was none other than GV.

"In your dreams." I replied and smirked when I saw GV pout.

"You look gorgeous." He whispered into my ear and I couldn't help but blush at what he said and how close he was to me. Just a little closer and our lips would touch.

"Well, let's see what we have here to eat." GV said as he drew his attention to the food. I was still in shock at how close we were that I didn't hear his question.

"I'm sorry what did you say?" I asked as he smirked and shook his head. "Do you want punch?"

"Sure." I answered politely and he handed me a plastic cup with a classic red punch.

"You excited to find out who's under this mask?" GV asked.

"Not really..." I lied

"What? I thought we had chemistry going on!"

"Whoever you are, I know you'll still be the same person that I love to hang out with."

"You love to hang out with me?" He said as he emphasized the word 'love'.

"Well yeah who wouldn't? You're fun to be around." I answered honestly as his smile grew wider and wider.

With that 2 hours passed as we both continued to laugh and talk with each other, at some point it grew to hot inside so we went out to the garden and sat in a bench as we continued to talk.

"11:50" GV read from his phone. Only 10 minutes until everyone would take off their masks and show who they were.

My stomach was in knots at the thought of finding out who GV was. What if he didn't like who I was.

"Promise no matter who we are, our relationship will stay the same?" I asked as I bite my lip nervously.

"I can't promise something I won't be able to keep."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to keep our relationship this way." He said as he moved closer to me making my heart beat rapidly and my face grow hot.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that I want to date, I love you." He said and placed his hand on my own hand.

"I like you as well." I managed to squeak out as my face grew red.

"May I kiss you?" He whispered the space between us barely being an inch.

"Wow way to kill the mood by asking." I mumbled and leaned in, closing any space between us as I kissed his sort of chapped lips. But I didn't care.

Our kiss lasted as long as our lungs would let us because then we had to break apart as we gasped for air. I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine.

I quickly looked away and smiled to myself as I played around with my dress. I didn't want to tell him, but this was my first kiss.

"Are we official?" He asked and I stared at him in disbelief.

"You really want to date me?" I asked and my smile grew when he nodded. "Yes!"

And just as I said yes people inside the ballroom were counting down "11...10...9"

"Soon." I whispered "Soon we get to know who we are." I smiled.

"Before you find out I need you to know something." He said and grabbed both of my hands.

"I lost my Cinderella a while ago, I think it's time to go find her." I was confused at what he meant by that and didn't have time to ask because as soon as he finished we heard everyone scream "0!"

He smiled at me as he placed his hands on my mask and began to unwrap the ribbon. Before he could I stopped him.

"Wait, let's do it together." I said to which he agreed and so I untied his mask as well and we both counted to three until we both pulled down our mask.

...

"Jared." I whispered in shock as he looked away from me his face a bright red. Unlike me he didn't seem like he was in total shock.

"Hi y/n." He said with a lopsided smile.

"No, this is some kind of joke right?" I asked and began to laugh. If I didn't I would start to cry.

"This isn't a joke y/n."

"Of all people why you?!" I asked and stared at him. Why?

"You said no matter what our relationship would stay the same!" Jared exclaimed.

"Yeah, I would've never thought you were GV, if I knew I would've stayed away from you!" I screamed tears streaming down my face.

"Y/n..." He whispered, just like GV did and tried to reach for my hand.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled as I stood up from the bench.

"I know that you're mad because of what I did before!" He screamed and I stood still.

"What?"

"I know that you remember what I did to you before and I'm sorry." Jared explained as I still stood there in complete shock.

"You remembered me and you didn't even bother to apologize for what you did? What's next that you knew who I was this entire time?!" I exclaimed and when he didn't answer I knew the answer.

"Fuck you! I wish I never kissed you! I wish you were dead! Asshole!" I screamed and began to run, but Jared wouldn't let me.

Instead he caught me by the arm and spun me around wrapping both of his hands around me tightly as I tried to fight back.

"Fuck you!" I repeated punching him and trying to push him away. But I couldn't, soon I gave up and cried in his shoulders as he rubbed his hand back and forth against my back.

A part of me was upset and sad that he was GV, but a part of me was grateful that he was GV. He did change after all.

"I told you, I want my Cinderella back." Jared whispered as I shut my eyes and finally relaxed against his shoulder.

I guess what I had to do next was something new, maybe this was what Jayden said earlier in the day.

"When you take off your mask you might be scared but it's alright, everyone is. Just have courage and be kind. Even if they're ugly." She added in the last part and laughed.

_____________

>:D

I'm sick but I need to post something.

Also any ideas who Jayden's gf is? 

My Michael x Reader ppl should know...

- Muse