27: First Kiss

After several more rounds of Overwatch, Jungkook decided to stop and actually spend proper time with his girlfriend while he had the chance.

'Ok, we should really stop now. Who knows when we'll both be free like this?' he spoke, putting the game on pause and closing the application.

Yeri sighed, 'You're right..' she agreed and glanced at her phone one more time before chucking it behind her on the bed.

Jungkook spun around to face Yeri, still sat in his gamer chair, and gave her a shy grin. 'So how was the comeback?'

Yeri smiled and brought her legs, that were dangling off the edge of the bed, towards her in to a crossed-leg position. She inched back on the bed a little, patting infront of her, signalling Jungkook to sit opposite her. 'It went so well! I'm so happy, everyone seemed to love it!'

Jungkook nodded, 'It was seriously everywhere... It's literally the new summer anthem of the year. You know what, it should be song of the year!' he beamed, supportively.

'Song of the year?? No way...' Yerim shrugged off the idea humbly. 'Red Velvet still have a long way to go' she told him, stretching her arms up above her head with a yawn.

'You sleepy?' Jungkook asked with a sorrowful face. 'I'm sorry I disturbed your resting days... sleep here, I'll go help Tae-'

'No no no, I'm fine!' Yeri shook her head violently. 'I told you, I've been sleeping 24/7 the past few days, I've had enough of it.. for once' she chuckled.

Jungkook nodded, glancing down at a glint which caught his eye. He smiled widely, noticing Yeri's bracelet he gifted her was the sparkle that caught his attention.

'Do you only wear this when you're around me?' He asked, raising an eyebrow.

'Psh,' Yeri snorted, 'You can't get this thing off me! I love it so much' she grinned. Her eyes glazed over for a second, as if she was contemplating some matter in her mind. Shyly, she extended her arms out, still sat cross-legged on Jungkook's bed.

Jungkook could feel heat immediately rush to his cheeks. 'Is she... asking for a hug?' he thought in his mind, blinking in response to her.

Yeri tutted her lips and lightly shook her head. 'You're so bad at this' she sighed in a teasing way, leaning forward and gently wrapping her arms around Jungkook's torso.

Jungkook gulped awkwardly, slowly bringing his arms to Yeri's back. He tried his best to loosen his stiff form, propping his chin on the top of his girlfriend's head.

They stayed like that for a short dozen of seconds before Jungkook could hear soft sniffling and Yeri's shoulders twitching up and down. His eyes widened immediately and his arms involuntarily tightened around Yeri's small waist. 'A-are you crying?' he asked in a stunned tone.

He felt Yeri's head shake side to side, but no words left her mouth. He swore he heard a muffled sob escape her lips instead and he instantly pulled back to see her face.

Yeri turned her face to the side so they couldn't meet eyes. Jungkook's face softened and he found himself pouting sadly when seeing the obvious streams of tears down her face.

'Yeri?! What's wrong!' he spoke gently, shocked at the sudden change of mood in the room.

Yeri shook her head again, 'Nothing. I'm sorry.'

'Why are you sorry?'

'For crying. It's nothing, really. I just feel-', she sniffled, bringing her hands to wipe the wetness surrounding her eyes. She took a deep breath, turning her head back to meet Jungkook's worried eyes. 'It's just nice to... be like this. To have someone to hug and lean on.' She smiled, her voice and face being as sincere as sincere can be.