7: The Text (2)

Red Velvet were in the middle of recording for a live radio show, however, Yeri was completely unfocused throughout it all.

'Umm... how about a date?'

That sole text was flashing in her mind constantly. She was so shocked to read those words, only after 1 day of first talking with Jungkook. 'That means... he also liked me before? It wasn't a one-sided crush? Otherwise why would he want a date so quick? Isn't he scared?' She was in deep thought, thinking back to all the times they had to pass eachother and bow respectfully in the past...

Thinking about it now, during award shows, Yeri would sometimes feel someone's eyes on her, but whenever she'd turn around, no one was looking at her. And of course, many times, BTS were often placed near them. 'Maybe... that was Jungkook?'

She was so surprised when she received that text that she didn't feel ready to reply to him and turned her phone off. 'I'll have to reply after this' she decided.

'So, Yeri-ssi' the DJ called. Yeri lightly shook her head as she focused on what she was actually supposed to be focused on.

'Yes?' she answered, casually.

'Did you not pay attention?' The DJ chuckled, 'The question was: Red Velvet are really hot nowadays, so what's your ideal type?'

Yeri laughed, 'such a typical question' she thought. But, when thinking about her ideal type... someone's face suddenly appeared in her mind. A young, handsome face; that handsome face she saw, looking shyly at the floor outside those toilets a couple days ago... that handsome face belonged to Jeon Jungkook. 'Ugh, get out from here!' Yeri commanded herself to stop thinking about him. She couldn't allow herself to fall for him, she just couldn't.

'Umm, my ideal type is someone who works hard at something, and speaks kindly and respectfully to others.' She answered, truthfully. This really was her ideal type, whether Jungkook matched it or not.

'Oooh,' the DJ cooed, 'so you care more about personality? What about a physical trait?'

'Ah, haha... someone tall?' She added, smiling. 'But not too tall! Since I'm really small' she continued, making the DJ, aswell as her other fellow small members (besides Joy), burst out in laughter.
**
Jungkook stared at his phone, after bravely sending the last text. He couldn't quite believe he actually managed to send it, but it was just in the moment and he was too excited that he finally got hold of Yeri's number.

7 minutes had passed...

'Oh no! Why isn't she replying! Did I scare her? No, why did I send it! It's only been a couple days since we first talked, no! No no no! She's going to ignore me now, no nooo! I can't believe I did this, whyyy!'

These thoughts flooded into Jungkook's mind as he was impatiently waiting for a reply. He couldn't help but think it was all over - when it had barely just begun.

But he was so new to this, he'd seriously never approached any girl like this ever, and he didn't know how to do it.

'I should've waited for Jimin...' he sulked, regretfully.

Luckily, BTS had finished their schedules for today, so he could sulk the whole evening.

Whilst Jungkook was still staring deeply in to his phone, Seokjin walked in to his room.

'Aha, how's our maknae doing?' He beamed, cheerfully as he plonked himself beside the boy. 'Did you start texting that girl?'

'Hyung~' Jungkook whined, 'I've messed up already! She's ignoring me' Jungkook sighed, falling on his back into the soft, comforting plush of his warm bed.

'Eh? Ignoring you? What did you do?!' Seokjin asked, surprised.

'First I pranked her, saying it wasn't me... and then I asked her out on a date. When it hasn't even been half an hour since we started texting!' He facepalmed, realising his mistakes.

Seokjin just stared at Jungkook, laughing out loud. 'Ha, wow... you're a little eager!' He teased.

'I know, I know! What do I do?'

Seokjin became silent and thought for a moment. 'Uh, I guess... you've gotta wait? Until she replies or until you next see her?' He advised.

'Aaah, I'm so dumb!' Jungkook yelled, smacking his head.

'I know what will take your mind off her!' Seokjin said, getting up and dragging the maknae to their lounge. 'Games.' He offered, smiling.

-
After a good hour of playing various internet games, Jungkook returned to his room, a little tired.

He launched himself on to his bed, his hipbone landing on his phone.

'Aishh!' He cursed to himself, fishing his hand below himself to grab his phone. Yawning, he woke his phone up to see a notification.

Yeri: 1 new message

Jungkook's heart felt like it had dropped 2000ft and bounced up again. Within a flash, his finger swiped up to access the message. And within seconds, Yeri's response blinked right before his eyes.

'Oh? A date? Sure! I'm quite busy though, recently :('

There it was. Yeri had finally responded after just over an hour. Jungkook smiled the widest smile he could manage, showing every single one of his teeth as he rolled across his bed. 'She said yes! She said yess!! What do I do, she actually replied!' He thought, kicking his legs about.

He quickly sprung to his feet and dashed towards the main lounge. 'Guess who's just got themselves a date!' He screamed, in front of all the members, that wide smile still evident across his face.

'Hm? I thought she was ignoring you?' Seokjin said, happy but confused.

'She must have just been busy I guess!' Jungkook said, skipping around.

'Heol, I don't like this.' Yoongi said, looking disgusted at a grown man skipping around the sofa.

'Is Jungkook actually in love?' Hoseok wondered, in awe.

'I-I don't know what to say...' Namjoon said, speechless.

Taehyung and Jimin both sprang up and joined Jungkook in skipping around the room. 'When's the date?' Taehyung asked, smiling.

Jungkook stopped. 'Oh! I don't know yet' he replied, before sprinting back to his room and grabbing his phone.

'When are you free? :)'

He typed quickly, crossing his legs on his bed, once again staring deep in to his phone. It didn't take long for a reply.

'Um, tonight?'

Yeri replied, shortly after.

Jungkook's heart plummeted again.'Tonight?!'

--
helllooo everyone! school has officially started almost a week ago and i wanna cry :(

hopefully ill try to squeeze in updates like this, but agh im sorry for this crappy update haha i was in a rush and i wanted to update since it's been kinda long :((

BUT jungri's first date in the next chapter?? aye aye stayed tune ^^