21: Official?

'C-can I ask you something?' Jungkook stuttered, his heart racing 200 miles an hour.

'Go ahead' Yeri said, Jungkook's shaky voice unnoticed.

Jungkook gulped, calming himself down before raising the question. He took a long, deep breath. '... Shall we date?'

Yeri immediately stopped what she was doing. She whipped her head around to meet his eyes. 'W-what did you say?!' she stuttered herself, doubting her ears completely.

'Shall we date... like properly..' Jungkook spoke, forcing himself to stay serious and appear confident, yet looking at her eyes softly.

'You mean.. like, girlfriend-boyfriend?' Yeri asked, wanting clarification as her lips parted in disbelief. Jungkook nodded, a shy smile emerging.

Yeri didn't even think; a massive grin spread across her face before she ran and jumped in to Jungkook's embrace. 'Of course!' she yelped in glee, wrapping her arms tightly around Jungkook's neck.

This was their first real long hug and, this time, neither of the two let go. Stepping slowly around in circles, they were held tight against eachother. Since Yeri was short, Jungkook even let his chin rest naturally above her head, making him able to smell the fruity aroma of her clean, soft hair.

They surprisingly stayed like that for a couple minutes, everything tranquil and warm, until Yeri finally pulled her head away from Jungkook's chest, her arms still circled around his neck. She looked up at him, straight in to his warm, dark brown eyes. Jungkook smiled, making Yeri feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

It was weird. Yes, Yeri liked Jungkook but she really didn't expect their friendship to turn in to a relationship this fast... She was perfectly fine being friends for the time being, however, the second Jungkook asked that question, something inside her just rung. She didn't even have to think; she couldn't say no.

She finally stepped away, her arms slipping away from his neck as his arms slipped from her waist. 'So, this is our day One?' she grinned, cheesily.

'Mm hmm' Jungkook chuckled, their eyes never parting. He felt so confident all of a sudden - as if he could take on the world. 'From today, let's be happy together' he said, sticking out his pinky.

Yeri looked down at his hand, a soft giggle escaping her lips. She nodded, wrapping her pinky around his and stamping their thumbs together.
-
'Cookies are all done!' Yeri announced, carefully stepping one foot in front of the other, a big plate of fresh, warm cookies in her hands. Jungkook followed close behind her as they made their way to the other members.

'Finally! What took you guys so long...' Wendy eyed the pair up.

'It was barely 45 minutes...' Yeri muttered, setting the plate down and grabbing a massive bean bag for Jungkook and her to share.

The girls started digging instantly, the mountain of cookies quickly shrinking.

'Mmm~' the members chorused one after the other. 'Not bad!' Joy gave the two a thumbs up.

'So... since you both left us for a while, we thought...' Seulgi started, the members all glancing at eachother evilly. 'How about we play truth or dare??'

Jungkook and Yeri looked at eachother, both seeming somewhat nervous. 'Sure' Yeri accepted, wanting to know what her members were up to.

'Ok!' Wendy exclaimed, rushing up to grab a bottle and running back.

'We have to sit in a circle, then' Irene said, the members shuffling around to form a small circle.

Jungkook let out a breath he didn't know he was holding in when Seulgi sat on the other side of him; she was most probably the second Red Velvet member he felt most comfortable with, perhaps since she was so close with Jimin and all.