8: Tonight?

'Um, tonight?'

Jungkook's whites in his eyes doubled in size as his jaw dropped harshly - 'Tonight?!' He gasped, his mind completely blank but at the same time filled with thousands of thoughts and worries.

He really didn't expect meeting her so soon. He needed at least 3 or 4 days to physically and mentally prepare himself, but... seeing her in 3 or 4 hours?! He just wasn't ready!

On the other hand, he knew there wouldn't be another time like this where the both of them were free. Perhaps this was a sign? What if this was the only time a perfect chance like this would happen? Because let's face it. They're both very popular idols in very popular groups. Their schedules are absolutely crazy some days, and it would be difficult to make time like this until another couple months.

Jungkook took deep breaths and composed himself as he contemplated on what to do.

'Jimin hyung ~' he called, a slight tremble in his voice.

Within a couple moments, a smiley Jimin appeared at the door. 'Hmm?' He answered, as if he knew it was something to do with Yeri.

'Come here, I need some help' Jungkook said quickly, patting on the space beside him, prompting Jimin to sit there.

Jimin shook his head to the side lightly, and heavily dropped his body beside Jungkook. 'What is it?' he asked.

Jungkook showed him the conversation between himself and Yeri. Jimin's eyes sparkled as he read the cute and innocent texts, a smile beaming from his face.

'Heol, you're actually texting eachother! Ah, this is cute' he admitted, proceeding to read more.

It didn't take him long to reach the bottom. 'Hm? Tonight?' He turned to Jungkook, asking.

'Yes! I don't know what to do!' Jungkook pleaded.

'Go for it!' Jimin answered, simply. 'Come on, when's the next time you're both going to be free like this?'

'Yeah, that's what I thought too... but I need time to prepare!' Jungkook cutely confessed, 'I wanted to buy her something...'

Jimin brought his hand to his mouth, lamely trying to cover the massive grin he had on his face. 'Wow! Jungkook, you really like her?'

'No! I just want to make a good impression, I don't know...' he said, his ears burning up.

'No, yeah you should buy her something! Buy her something really nice so she'll fall all over you' Jimin smirked.

'Hyung, no! It's not like that, this is just for the bet we made..'

'Ok, shall we make a bet? If you fall for her, you owe me 50'

Jungkook's lips parted. 'What? No!'

'And why?' Jimin pestered.

'Ok, ok fine. I'm telling you, this is only going to be a one-time thing...' he said, without any confidence.

'Deal?' Jimin stuck his hand out, waiting.

Jungkook was uneasy, but couldn't back away.

'Deal' he grabbed Jimin's hand and shook it firmly. Suddenly, he thought of the time when holding Yeri's soft hands, only a short couple days ago. And now they were already texting, and perhaps off to a date.

Jimin looked surprised at the fact Jungkook just bet with him. 'Wow, you're so dumb, Jungkook. You're going to lose this! You like her! Isn't that why you told us you were going to date her, that you were going to be really careful.. isn't that why you pestered me to give you her number, and why you ran about when she said yes to your date? Isn't that why you want to buy her something, even if this is only for some 'bet'? Am I right?'