17: Promise

Corrine

I coldly look at him then turn my back away ready to storm away from this room. I hate being near him. I hate his presence, everything that has something to do with him, even the idea of us being in the same room is suffocating me. I don't know where this hate came from or when it started, I just can't stand him at all.

He didn't stop me from going out, which eased my feelings a little. When I came to the the kitchen I started looking for the ingredients and started to cook. I was eating a desert which I made while waiting for the dishes to be cooked, when Gavin came into my view.

A scowl was immediately formed on my face when our eyes met. He leaned on one of the pillars of the house and stared at me. I lost my appetite as I saw that icy and expressionless face of his. I put my spoon down and threw away the content of the bowl then washed it before arranging it nicely on where I took it earlier.

I off the stove, put the food on a clean plate, went to the table to start eating. I didn't mind the presence of the devil who was the entire time watching everything I did.

Haahh! Was he afraid I would do something foolish in his kitchen? The nerve!

I wish I could get a knife and stabbed him in his guts where even the most known and genius doctor wouldn't  be able to save him. That's how deep my hatred is.

I took a mouthful of food into my mouth and started eating.

Nung makita ko siyang gumalaw I started to clench the fork I was holding. He sat in a chair in front of me and continued staring. Pabagsak kong binaba ang mga hawak ko dahilan para umingay ang medyo kanina pang tahimik na paligid.

"What are you doing?" I asked, my voice calm but my eyes betraying me.

"Sitting." He said as he folded his arms in his chest at sumandig sa upuan.

I looked at his eyes and clenched my teeth. Bumaba ang tingin ko sa plato ko at tinuloy ang pagkain.

Patuloy kong sinasabihan ang sarili ko na ikalma ang sarili. I'm in his house. I'm surrounded by cameras and things na siya lamang ang nakakaalam. And I hate the idea of it but still I swallowed it all.

I didn't spare him a glance hanggang sa tuluyan kong matapos ang food. I stood up and washed the dishes, but there he was, still in his sit, and starin'. I clenched my fist and closed my eyes. God, he is so annoying please give me power to tame this anger slowly building inside me.

So I started some breathing exercise, hoping it would calm my soul. And thankfully, it did.

After I washed the dishes, I went out of the kitchen and stormed straight to my room. Nilock ko ito at pabagsak na humiga sa kama. I felt like half of my life was taken away from me.

I sigh. Tumagilid ako and saw the picture in the bedside table. Mabilis akong bumangon at tinaob ito. Ang kaninang kalmado kong mood ay nagiba na naman muli.

Haay, this hatred is really something so hard to control.

Pabagsak akong humiga ulit and rested the back of my hand on my forehead.

Gavin Lhier Cordova, I promise I will be the one to take you down.

----------------------------------------------

Karina

I smiled when I felt Gavin's hand running on my face and on my hair. It feels good. I pushed my face on his hand to feel his warmth even more. I heard him chuckle which made my right eye open to take a peek at him. I smiled even more as I stare at him with both of my eyes on him.

He looks dashing smiling like that, with the sun creating some magic effect on his aura. It even created some shadows which emphasize his good looks. His eyelashes long enough to create butterfly shadows on his face. Lips painted red, like an apple tempting you in every way it can for you to take a bite. The nose which you won't doubt that it was perfectly created by God and won't stop thinking that maybe He really took His time making it. And the symmetrical eyebrows is neatly shaped like an arc in stone, smooth but sharp. His face, white but not too much, just enough to compliment everything in his face. But what make you so drawn to him is his green eyes. They were charmingly beautiful, like sparks with different vibrant colors swirling inside them. He looks perfect.

Everything about him is.

"Good morning Karina." He greeted, with a cheery smile plastered on his face.

That took me out of my thoughts. I hugged his waist and rubbed my cheek on his stomach as an answer. Tumawa lang din siya saka ako binuhat at pinaupo sa lap niya. He took all my hairs and tied it with a ponytail na siguro ay kanina pa nasa wrist niya.

"You hungry?" he asked as he rubbed my face with his two hands.

I chuckled a yes, then said, "I miss you." Niyakap ko ang leeg niya and cuddled to him even more. "I miss you so much."

I heard him sigh and hugged me back.

"I know. I'm sorry for that. I was busy, and.... I wasn't really thinking straight." He said as he rubbed my hair up and down.

"It's okay. You're here now." I smiled and pushed his shoulder. Umalis ako sa lap niya at tumayo sa gilid ng kama.

"What did you prepare for breakfast today?" My voice full of excitement as I pulled him up, and down to kitchen.

Tumawa lang siya and just let me pull him, I let him go when we arrived in the kitchen. I saw Storm there, who is greedily watching the food, and Nixel, looking at some whatever he thinks is interesting.

I greeted them good morning, and with a kiss on each of their cheeks.

"KARINA!" Gavin roared on the door.

I laughed at him and said, " It was just a greeting. you should get used to it." I said, teasing him.

He scowled, "Why should I get used to it, when you can just stop doin' that?"

I paid him no mind and started eating.

"Thank you for the food."

Napatawa ako nang parang batang nagsimulang kumain si Storm. Lagi talaga tong gutom. Does he always get hungry when he comes here?

Napailing na lang ako at kumuha ng food. I put some on my plate and on Gavin's plate. He's still frowning, and did not even touch his spoon and fork. Napangiti na lang ako.

I grabbed his cheek and made him face me. "You should eat. It was just a greeting. Saka I always does that naman. They're family, okay?" Pangungumbinsi ko sa kanya.

I pinched his cheek muna saka nagsimulang kumain.

He always throws a tantrum pag ginagawa ko yun. Sometimes I feel like I should stop doing that para di na siya magalit but I kind of do it unconsciously at times hanggang sa nasanay na ako. Saka I feel like it's really normal so I had no problem doing that. I mean it was just a greeting anyway. It doesn't mean anything.

He started eating na rin after a while.

I secretly sigh in relief but man, I know he is still angry.

He's throwing the boys a dagger stare. Ngingiting tinuloy ko ang pagkain.